CBS programming chief Nina Tassler had her executive session at the winter press tour this morning. Here are some highlights:
- She tried to praise $#*! My Dad Says in a beginning to hit its stride fashion, but added “everything is up for grabs in May.” Translation: it’s on the bubble. We’ve had it designated as such for a while since CBS has a history of canceling its lowest-rated sitcom.
- CBS is worried about Charlie Sheen the man, but Charlie Sheen the professional is still professional and ‘Two and a Half Men’ is a hit.
- CBS has at least 6 more episodes of ‘Flashpoint,’ look for them this summer.
- She’s confident Mark Harmon’s contract will get sorted out and that he’ll be on ‘NCIS’ next year. So are we.
- Someone asked if ‘The Big Bang Theory’ could beat the ‘American Idol’ results show. She dodged the specific question but said Idol “is a force of nature” and that ‘Big Bang Theory’ is a “superstar. She thinks it will be fine.