CBS sent out some ratings notes about Friday night’s programming and I found them entertaining in a “CBS is red hot, NBC is diddly squat.” Which is of course true, but usually it comes off more subtly. While for obvious reasons, CBS didn’t focus much on adults 18-49 in the bullets, they used adults 25-54 and total viewers to put a textual beatdown on NBC and took a lesser swipe at Fox (Blue Bloods averaged more viewers than every Monday-Friday program on Fox, as well as NBC). If the preliminary ratings for Friday hold up in the finals:
– BLUE BLOODS matched series highs in adults 25-54, posted the second best adults 18-49 rating (behind only the September 24, 2010 premiere), matched second best household rating (tied with season two premiere, behind only the September 24, 2010 premiere) and the second largest audience to date (behind only the September 24, 2010 premiere).
– BLUE BLOODS with 12.56m viewers outdelivers all NBC and FOX Monday to Friday programs this week.
– BLUE BLOODS with 12.56m viewers outdelivers all Monday to Friday scripted programming on ABC except “Modern Family” and is a virtual tie with “Castle” (12.58m).
– In adults 25-54, BLUE BLOODS with a 3.2/08, outdelivers every Monday to Friday program on NBC except “The Office”, which it tied (3.2/07).
– Every Friday night program – GIFTED MAN, CSI: NY and BLUE BLOODS – outdelivers every Monday to Friday program on NBC in viewers.