There's some discussion both in the overnight ratings post and the comments for that post. The more I noodle the numbers for Flashpoint, the less enamored I am with its ratings. In the plus column for it:
- Won its timeslot in total viewers
- Won its timeslot in the 18-49 demo
- Probably won its timeslot among 25-54 year olds (2.5 in this demo - I didn't see the 25-54 demo numbers for other shows)
- Increased total viewers by a million over the previous week
- Update 1:15p PDT: best performance since premiere (per James Hibberd)
In the minus column:
- While growing by a million total viewers, 18-49 performance barely went up
- All three shows ahead of it in the 18-49 demo were unscripted.
- It got crushed in the 18-34 year old demo with a 0.9/3 (rating share). It trailed both La Rosa de Guadalupe (1.7/6) on Univision and Hopkins (1.3/4) on ABC among 18-34 year olds and tied for third in this demo for the timeslot. It was the tenth highest rated program in this demo for the evening on the broadcast networks.
I'm not bashing the show, but I'm not that impressed with the show's performance based on the numbers. I'd also really like to see the demo performance for Burn Notice on USA, which may have outperformed Flashpoint in both the 18-49 and 18-34 demos with several million fewer viewers.