Press release from Univision follows:
UNIVISION #1 NETWORK ACROSS ALL KEY DEMOS DURING "AL DIABLO CON LOS GUAPOS"
2-HOUR GRAND FINALE
Reaches Nearly 10 Million Total Viewers and Outdelivers Every Show Through Friday on ABC, CBS, NBC, and CW among Adults 18-34
MIAMI, FL, SEPTEMBER 22, 2008 - Univision's wildly popular novela "Al Diablo con los Guapos" (Down with the Beautiful) 2-hour grand finale made the network #1 for the entire night among all Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49, not just Hispanics, and across all major demographics for its time period, according to NTI. With nearly 10 million Total Viewers watching some or all of the program, "Al Diablo con los Guapos" was also the #1 program on television among Total Viewers 2+, all Adults 18-34, Adults 18-49, Persons 12-24, Persons 12-34 and Teens 12-17.
On average, the 2-hour finale was seen by:
- Total Viewers 2+ 6,780,000
- Adults 18-34 2,448,,000
- Adults 18-49 3,763,000
- Women 18-34 1,338,000
- Women 18-49 2,178,000
- Men 18-34 1,110,000
- Men 18-49 1,586,000
- Teens 12-17 660,000
- Kids 2-11 1,176,000
In addition, thus far for the week among all Adults 18-34, "Al Diablo Con Los Guapos'" two-hour finale outdelivered such popular English-language broadcast programs as:
o ABC's ""
o CBS's "10" and "Flashpoint"
o NBC's "America's Got Talent-Wed", "-6" and "Deal or No Deal- Mon," and "America's Toughest Jobs"
o FOX's "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles," "," "Hole in the Wall-Thur. 8 & 8:30pm," " ," and "Prison Break"
o CW's "", "90210," "Privileged," " ," ," and "America's -5"
Source: Nielsen Media Research, NTI 9/15/2008-9/19/2008. Reach based on 6+ minute qualified audience, Fast TA, 9/19/2008. Live+SD.
"Al Diablo con los Guapos" (8-10pm ET/PT; 7-9pm Central) was the #1 program in TOTAL DAY among:
- Los Angeles, and San Antonio
- Viewers 2+
- Los Angeles, New York, and Phoenix
- Adults 18-34
- Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, , Phoenix and San Francisco
- Adults 18-49
- Los Angeles, New York, , Phoenix and San Francisco
- Women 18-34
- Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Dallas, Phoenix and San Francisco
- Women 18-49
- Los Angeles, New York, Dallas, Phoenix and San Francisco
- Teens 12-17
- Los Angeles, New York, Dallas and San Francisco
The Grand Finale of "Al Diablo con los Guapos" attracted more viewers than the combined viewership to its competitors during the same time (8-10pm ET/PT; 7-9pm Central).
In Los Angeles, "Al Diablo con los Guapos" had more viewers than the COMBINED VIEWERSHIP of ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW and MNT. There were +81% more Adult 18-34 viewers, +13% more Adult 18-49 viewers, and +19% more Teens 12-17.
- In New York, "Al Diablo con los Guapos" had +38% more Adult 18-34 viewers and +12% more Viewers 12-34 than the combined viewership of ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW and MNT.
- In Dallas, "Al Diablo con los Guapos" had +6% more Adult 18-34 viewers and +47% more Teen 12-17 viewers than the COMBINED VIEWERSHIP of ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW and MNT .
- In Phoenix, "Al Diablo con los Guapos" had the same amount of Adult 18-34 viewers as the COMBINED VIEWERSHIP of ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW and MNT.
- In Chicago, "Al Diablo con los Guapos" had +10% more Adult 18-34 viewers than the COMBINED VIEWERSHIP of ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX.
SOURCE: Nielsen Media Research, NSI, Friday, September 19, 2008 (Live)
Univision Network, the most-watched Spanish-language broadcast television network in the U.S. reaching 97% of U.S. Hispanic Households; TeleFutura Network, a general-interest Spanish-language broadcast television network, which was launched in 2002 and now reaches 85% of U.S. Hispanic Households; Galavisión, the country's leading Spanish-language cable network; Univision Television Group, which owns and operates 63 television stations in major U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico; Univision Radio, the leading Spanish-language radio group which owns and/or operates 70 radio stations in 16 of the top 25 U.S. Hispanic markets and 5 stations in Puerto Rico; and Univision Online, the premier Spanish-language Internet destination in the U.S. located at http://www.univision.com Univision Communications also has a 50% interest in TuTv, a joint venture formed to broadcast Televisa's pay television channels in the U.S. Univision Communications has television network operations in Miami and television and radio stations and sales offices in major cities throughout the United States.
For more information, please visit www.univision.net.