The new broadcast television season has begun and few are interested in looking back, but we will just one more time. Here are the highlights (and low lights):
- Fox completed its sweep of all the major broadcast prime-time categories for the 2007-8 season.
- Aided by the Olympics, NBC was second for all the age demographic categories.
- CBS, used to finishing in the top spot for average viewership, had to settle for second.
- ABC was third for Adults 18-34 and 28-49 (just barely), but 4th for Adults 25-54
- Young skewing Univision beat CBS to finish fourth for Adults 18-34, otherwise finishing fifth across the board.
- CW was a distant 6th in all categories.
Nielsen TV Ratings Data: ©2008 The Nielsen Company. All Rights Reserved.