via ABC press release:
|Driven by "The View's" Record Performance, ABC is Daytime's No. 1 Network in Women 18-49
Once Again Demonstrating it's the Show to Watch This Election Year, for the Second Consecutive Week "The View's" Delivers the Series' Largest Total Viewer Audience on Record
"The View" Sets Another Record as Every Telecast This Week,Delivering More Than Four Million Total Viewers
Mirroring Last Week's Results, Monday's and Wednesday's Telecasts Rank Among "The View's" Top 10 Most-Watched Ever in Total Viewers
Powered by Record Deliveries in the Past Two Weeks, Season to Date "The View" Widens its Lead Over Year-Ago Levels to 14% in Total Viewers
* For the first time in the show's 12 year history, "The View" ranked as Daytime's No. 1 program in Women 18-49 (1.5 rating/963,000 - tied on rating), and extended its streak of placing among the Top 3 programs in Total Viewers to six straight weeks (No. 3 - 4.33 million).
* Driven by "The View's" record performance, ABC stood as Daytime's No. 1 network in Women 18-49 (1.3 rating/890,000 - tied on rating).
* For the second consecutive week, "The View" delivered its largest Total Viewer audience in the show's history (4.33 million).
* Mirroring last week's outcome, Wednesday's (4.47 million) and Monday's (4.43 million) telecasts rank among "The View's" Top 10 most-watched ever in Total Viewers.
* "The View" set another record, as every telecast this week delivered more than four million Total Viewers: Monday (4.43 million), Tuesday (4.21 million), Wednesday (4.47 million), Thursday (4.15 million) and Friday (4.37 million).
* Powered by record deliveries in the past two weeks, season to date "The View" widened its lead over year-ago levels to 14% in Total Viewers, or by an substantial 500,000 (4.03 million vs. 3.53 million).
* In Women 18-34, all ABC programs placed among Daytime's Top 5: "General Hospital" (No. 1T - 362,000/1.1 rating), "The View" (No. 3 - 347,000/1.0 rating), "One Life to Live" (No. 5T - 284,000/0.8 rating) and "All My Children" (No. 5T - 267,000/0.8 rating).
* In Women 18-49, ABC owned 3 of Daytime's Top 5 programs with "General Hospital" (No. 1T - 983,000/1.5 rating), "The View" (No. 1T - 963,000/1.5 rating), "One Life to Live" (No. 4T - 842,000/1.3 rating).
Following are the Daytime Lineup averages, plus Top 5 Programs Ranks - Week of October 26, 2008:
Daytime Rank: Total Viewers Women 18-49 (Rtg/000s) No. 1 CBS 3.38 million No. 1 ABC 1.3/890,000 No. 2 ABC 3.11 million No. 1 NBC 1.3/833,000 No. 3 NBC 2.71 million No. 3 CBS 1.0/687,000 Top 5 Daytime Programs in Women 18-49 (rank based on rating): Program Net Rtg/000s The Young & the Restless CBS 1.5/987,000 General Hospital ABC 1.5/983,000 The View ABC 1.5/963,000 One Life to Live ABC 1.3/842,000 Days of Our Lives NBC 1.3/833,000
Source: NTI, Live + Same Day, Current Week of 10/26/08; "The View" season to date: 9/22/08-10/31/08. All ranks are based on rating unless otherwise noted; program percent changes based on 000s.)