via Disney press release:
Weekly Ratings Highlights for Dec. 29 - Jan. 4, 2009
- Coming up on the four year mark, Disney Channel earned its 196th straight victory in Prime in Kids 6-11 (969,000/4.0 ), with the streak at 192 consecutive weeks in Tweens 9-14 (790,000/3.2 rating).
- In Total Day, Disney Channel delivered its largest Total Viewer audience in five months (1.7 million, since week of 7/28/08) and in more than four months in Tweens 9-14 (673,000, since week of 8/18/08).
- "The Suite Life on Deck" positioned as TV's No. 1 program in Tweens 9-14 (1.1 million/4.4 rating - tie) and placed a competitive second in Kids 6-11 (1.2 million/5.1 rating).
- Overall, Playhouse Disney shows accounted for 3 of the week's Top 5 TV programs in Kids 2-5 with "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" (No. 2 - 679,000/4.2 rating), "Imagination Movers" (No. 4 - 651,000/4.0 rating) and "Handy Manny" (No. 5 - 621,00/3.8 rating).
- Playhouse Disney's "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" ranked as the week's No. 2 TV show in preschoolers 2-5 (679,000/4.2 rating), marking the series' eleventh straight week placing among the Top 10 in the key demo.
- The week's No. 4 TV series in preschoolers 2-5, "Imagination Movers" enjoyed the series' most-watched week on record since its September 08 debut in Total Viewers (1.8 million) and Kids 2-5 (651,000/4.0 rating).
- In Total Viewers, "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" delivered its largest Total Viewer audience in well over a year (1.9 million, since week of 11/19/07), while "Handy Manny" enjoyed its most-watched week in 17 months (1.8 million, since week of 8/6/07). In fact, this week stood as "Handy Manny's" fifth most-watched week ever since its September 06 premiere.
- An all around high performing week, this week was the Playhouse Disney block's most-watched week in five months in Total Viewers (1.43 million, since week of 7/28/08).
Source: Nielsen Media Research (National Ratings, Preliminary, Live + Same Day, 12/29/08-1/4/09). Rankings based on 000s, then US rating.