Weekly Ratings Highlights for February 9-15, 2009
Final National Ratings
The Week's No. 1 Cable Net in Prime, Disney Channel Registers its 202nd Straight Week at No. 1 in Kids 6-11 and its 198th in Tweens 9-14
- Continuing to dominate cable prime on a weekly basis, Disney Channel delivered its 202nd consecutive week at No. 1 in Kids 6-11 (884,000/3.6 rating), and for the 198th straight week in Tweens 9-14 (746,000/3.1 rating).
- Sunday's all-new "Wizards of Waverly Place" stood as the week's No. 1 TV telecast in Kids 6-11 (1.8 million/7.3 rating), and the No. 1 scripted telecast on all of TV in Tweens 9-14 (1.8 million/7.4 rating).
- In its Sunday 8:30 p.m. time period, "Wizards of Waverly Place" dominated its closest competitor, The Cartoon Network, more than doubling in Kids 6-11 (109%; 1.8 million vs. 861,000), and nearly tripling in Tweens 9-14 (197%; 1.8 million vs. 607,000).
- In its second week, Disney Channel's newest hit series, "Sonny With a Chance" (Sunday, 8:00 - 8:30 p.m.) qualified as the week's No. 2 TV telecast in Kids 6-11 (1.6 million/6.7 rating), and TV's No. 2 scripted telecast in Tweens 9-14 (1.5 million/6.0 rating).
- Competitively, "Sonny With a Chance" towered over the runners-up in the half-hour, surpassing The Cartoon Network by 93% in Kids 6-11 (1.6 million vs. 830,000), and more than doubling second place Nickelodeon in Tweens 9-14 (107%; 1.5 million vs. 724,000).
- In Total Viewers, "Wizards of Waverly Place" (3.9 million) and "Sonny With a Chance" (3.5 million) stood as cable's most-watched entertainment telecasts in their respective time slots, and ranked second overall behind TNT's presentation of the "NBA All-Star Game."
- Playhouse Disney's "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" earned its 17th consecutive Top 10 finish in the key preschool demo, ranking No. 6 among all cable program in Kids 2-5 (746,000/4.6 rating).
Source: Nielsen Media Research (National Ratings, Preliminary, Live + Same Day, 2/9-2/15/09). Rankings based on 000s, then US rating.