via SOAPnet press release:
Ratings Highlights for 1Q 2009
Final National Ratings
In its Key Day/Date Sales Prime, 1Q09 Ranks as SOAPnet's
Most-Watched Quarter Ever in Total Viewers, Driven by Record Deliveries
for "All My Children" and Near-Record Levels for "One Life to Live"
A SOAPnet Staple for Nine Years, "All My Children" Delivers
its Largest Total Viewers Audience Ever on SOAPnet
In 1Q09, "The Young and the Restless'" Tallies its Largest Quarterly
Audiences on SOAPnet on Record in Total Viewers and Women 18-49
SOAPnet (1Q 2009)
Day/Date Sales Prime (M-F, 7:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m.)
- In 1Q09, powered by record deliveries for "All My Children" and a near-record performance for "One Life to Live," SOAPnet registered its largest quarterly audience on record in the key daypart in Total Viewers (455,000), and ranked second among all quarters in Women 18-49 (159,000).
- Compared to 1Q08, SOAPnet jumped by 20% in Total Viewers (455,000 vs. 378,000) and by 17% in Women 18-49 (159,000 vs. 136,000).
"The Young and the Restless" (M-F, 7:00-8:00 p.m.)
- Growing its audience for the third straight quarter, "The Young and the Restless" posted the show's best quarterly ratings ever on SOAPnet in Total Viewers (746,000) and Women 18-49 (254,000).
- Versus year-ago levels, "The Young and the Restless" improved by a hefty 45% in Total Viewers (746,000 vs. 513,000) and by 60% in Women 18-49 (254,000 vs. 159,000).
"All My Children" (M-F, 8:00-9:00 p.m.)
- Delivering its third consecutive quarter of growth, 1Q09 qualified as "All My Children's" most-watched quarter ever in its nine years on SOAPnet in Total Viewers (468,000), and delivered the series' third-largest Women 18-49 quarterly audience ever (162,000).
- Versus year-ago levels, "All My Children" outperformed by 37% in both Total Viewers (468,000 vs. 342,000) and Women 18-49 (162,000 vs. 118,000).
"One Life to Live" (M-F, 9:00-10:00 p.m.)
- Boasting 1Q best deliveries, "One Life to Live" tallied the show's second largest audience on SOAPnet ever in Total Viewers (410,000), behind only 4Q08. In Women 18-49, this was the series' third most-watched quarter on record in Women 18-49 (150,000).
- Year-to-Year, "One Life to Live" jumped by 19% in Total Viewers (410,000 vs. 344,000) and by 21% in Women 18-49 (150,000 vs. 124,000).
Source: Nielsen Media Research (National Ratings, 1Q09: 12/29/08-3/29/09, Most Current; Year-Ago, 1Q07: 12/31/07-3/30/08, L + 7.