via Disney press release:
Ratings Highlights For 1Q 2009
Final National Ratings
Disney Channel (March 09)
- Disney Channel claims most-watched March ever during Total Day with Kids 6-11 (533,000/2.6 cvg), Tweens 9-14 (441,000/2.1 cvg; tied in rating with March 06) and Total Viewers (1,484,000).
- Disney Channel was up from its year-ago average by +3% Kids 6-11 (533,000 vs. 520,000) and by +4% with Tweens 9-14 (441,000 vs. 425,000). In fact, this is the first time in one year for the network to post year-on-year ratings increases.
- Disney Channel scored cable's No. 1 spot in Prime for the 48th month running in Kids 6-11 (929,000/4.4 cvg rating) and the 49th in Tweens 9-14 (774,000/3.6 cvg rating).
Disney Channel (1Q09)
- Disney Channel's reign as basic cable's No. 1 network in Prime on a quarter basis now stands at 16 straight quarters in Kids 6-11 (926,000/4.4 cvg rating) and 39 consecutive quarters in Tweens 9-14 (773,000/3.6 cvg rating).
- Disney Channel was cable's third-most-watched network in Prime in 1Q09 in Total Viewers (2.2 million).
- In Kids 6-11, Disney Channel delivered 1Q09's No. 1 TV program with "Sonny with a Chance" (1.8 million/7.4 rating).
- In Tweens 9-14, Disney Channel was home to 1Q09's No. 1 TV program on cable with "Sonny with a Chance" (1.6 million/6.7 rating). Add "Suite Life on Deck" (No. 4 - 838,000/3.4 rating), "Hannah Montana" (No. 6 - 768,000 /3.1 rating) and "Wizards of Waverly Place" (No. 7 - 743,000/3.0 rating) to the mix, and Disney Channel owned 4 of 1Q09's Top 7 series on all cable.
- Playhouse Disney's "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" stood as 1Q09's No. 1 series on cable in target Kids 2-5 demo (735,000/4.5 rating).
Source: Nielsen Media Research, 1Q09:12/31/08-3/29/09 -- Live+7 blended with Live+SD where available. March 09: 2/23/09-3/29/09 -- Live+7 blended with Live+SD where available Ratings based on national rating unless otherwise noted. Program ranks include programs with a minimum of 4+ telecasts.