via press release:
GRAND FINALE OF UNIVISION’S “LAS TONTAS NO VAN AL CIELO” HELPS NETWORK TAKE #1 SPOT FOR THE NIGHT AMONG ADULTS 18-34 AND 18-49, BEATING ABC, CBS, NBC, AND FOX
Univision Stations #1 in Time Period in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston,, Chicago, Phoenix,San Francisco and Sacramento Among All Adults 18-49 and 18-34
MIAMI, FL, JUNE 22, 2009 – Last Friday’s two-hour grand finale of Univision’s successful novela “Las Tontas No Van al Cielo” (Dumb Girls Don’t Go To Heaven; Friday 6/19/09, 7 – 9pm) delivered impressive audience levels for the network among Adults 18-49 (2.0 million viewers) and Adults 18-34 (1.2 million viewers), regardless of language, according to Nielsen’s NPM Ratings.
Additional Primetime Highlights
- On this night, Univision’s 9pm novela, “Mañana Es Para Siempre” (Tomorrow is Forever) was the most-watched program on television among all Adults 18-49 (2.4 million viewers), Adults 18-34 (1.4 million viewers), Men 18-49 (907,000), Men 18-34 (529,000), Women 18-49 (1.5 million viewers), Women 18-34 (828,000) and Persons 12-34 (1.5 million viewers).
- Univision had the top three programs for the entire night on television with #1 “Mañana Es Para Siempre,” #2 “Las Tontas No Van Al Cielo” and #3 “La Rosa de Guadalupe” (The Rose of Guadalupe) among Adults 18-34, Men 18-34, Women 18-34 and Persons 12-34.
- Compared to Telemundo, Univision delivered four times more Total Viewers 2+ (3,811,000 vs. 936,000) and nearly four times more Adults 18-49 (2,021,000 vs. 522,000) and Adults 18-34 (1,167,000 vs. 300,000) from 7pm-11pm.
Source: The Nielsen Company, NPM 06/19/2009, Univision and Telemundo based on 7p-11p and English-language broadcast and cable networks based on 8p-11p, Live+SD.
Local Market Highlights
- Univision was the #1 station during the finale of “Las Tontas No Van al Cielo,” beating all English- and Spanish-language competitors, in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, , Chicago, Phoenix, San Francisco and Sacramento among Adults 18-34, Adults 18-49, Women 18-34 and Women 18-49. Univision also claimed the #1 position in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, , San Antonio, Phoenix (tie) and Austin during the finale among Households.
- More Adults 18-34 and Women 18-34 (that’s all adults, not just Hispanic), watched Univision during the finale than the combined viewership of ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, , Chicago, Phoenix, San Francisco and Sacramento.
Source: Nielsen Station Index, live preliminary ratings, 06/19/2009 (7-9pm E/PT, 6-8pm Central).