via press release:
GRAND FINALE OF UNIVISION’S “LAS TONTAS NO VAN AL CIELO” HELPS NETWORK TAKE #1 SPOT FOR THE NIGHT AMONG ADULTS 18-34 AND 18-49, BEATING ABC, CBS, NBC, AND FOX
Univision Stations #1 in Time Period in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix,San Francisco and Sacramento Among All Adults 18-49 and 18-34
MIAMI, FL, JUNE 22, 2009 – Last Friday’s two-hour grand finale of Univision’s successful novela “Las Tontas No Van al Cielo” (Dumb Girls Don’t Go To Heaven; Friday 6/19/09, 7 – 9pm) delivered impressive audience levels for the network among Adults 18-49 (2.0 million viewers) and Adults 18-34 (1.2 million viewers), regardless of language, according to Nielsen’s NPM Ratings.
Additional Primetime Highlights
- On this night, Univision’s 9pm novela, “Mañana Es Para Siempre” (Tomorrow is Forever) was the most-watched program on television among all Adults 18-49 (2.4 million viewers), Adults 18-34 (1.4 million viewers), Men 18-49 (907,000), Men 18-34 (529,000), Women 18-49 (1.5 million viewers), Women 18-34 (828,000) and Persons 12-34 (1.5 million viewers).
- Univision had the top three programs for the entire night on television with #1 “Mañana Es Para Siempre,” #2 “Las Tontas No Van Al Cielo” and #3 “La Rosa de Guadalupe” (The Rose of Guadalupe) among Adults 18-34, Men 18-34, Women 18-34 and Persons 12-34.
- Compared to Telemundo, Univision delivered four times more Total Viewers 2+ (3,811,000 vs. 936,000) and nearly four times more Adults 18-49 (2,021,000 vs. 522,000) and Adults 18-34 (1,167,000 vs. 300,000) from 7pm-11pm.
Source: The Nielsen Company, NPM 06/19/2009, Univision and Telemundo based on 7p-11p and English-language broadcast and cable networks based on 8p-11p, Live+SD.
Local Market Highlights
- Univision was the #1 station during the finale of “Las Tontas No Van al Cielo,” beating all English- and Spanish-language competitors, in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix, San Francisco and Sacramento among Adults 18-34, Adults 18-49, Women 18-34 and Women 18-49. Univision also claimed the #1 position in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Phoenix (tie) and Austin during the finale among Households.
- More Adults 18-34 and Women 18-34 (that’s all adults, not just Hispanic), watched Univision during the finale than the combined viewership of ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix, San Francisco and Sacramento.
Source: Nielsen Station Index, live preliminary ratings, 06/19/2009 (7-9pm E/PT, 6-8pm Central).