from a USA press release:
USA DELIVERS BEST 2Q EVER ON CABLE
12TH Straight Quarterly Win in P18-49, P25-54 and Total Viewers
Beats CW by Double Digits & Beats Broadcast in 175 primetime hours
NEW YORK– June 30, 2009 – USA won the second quarter of 2009 with cable's highest ever 2nd quarter among P25-54 (1.47 million), P18-49 (1.37 million), total viewers (3.17 million) and households (2.37 million). This is the first time on cable any network has delivered over 3 million total viewers in a 2nd quarter.
This continues USA's streak with 12 consecutive quarterly wins among P25-54, P18-49 and total viewers among ad-supported entertainment cable.
USA dunked the competition in 2Q09, as the #1 cable network over 2nd place TNT among P25-54 (+9% over #2 TNT), P18-49 (+3%), total viewers (+20%), and households (+20%), as well as securing the best household coveragein all of cable (2.41, +0.39 over #2 TNT).
USA continues to outperform the CW in Primetime, delivering +36% more in P18-49, +59% more in P25-54, +3% more in P18-34, and +77% more total viewers in 2Q09. Additionally, USA secured victories over "Big 4" Broadcasters in 175 primetime hours in 2Q09.*
· Four of the top five P25-54 scripted series on cable in 2Q09 were USA Originals, with(3.014 million 25-54 and 2.781 million P18-49) and (3.016 million P25-54 and 2.754 million P18-49) claiming the top two spots for P25-54 and P18-49 while IN PLAIN SIGHT ranked 4th for P25-54 (2.27 million) and 5th P18-49 (1.96 million) and LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT was the #5 P25-54 (1.911 million) scripted series and #8 P18-49 (1.612 million). and were the only scripted series on cable to average over 3 million P25-54 and 2.5 million P18-49 viewers in 2Q09.
· USA is poised to retain the honor of being home to the top new series of the year for its fourth year in a row (2006, 2007 , 2008 IN PLAIN SIGHT) as its latest original offering, , is the #1 new series of the year to date. was the first new scripted series in five years cable or broadcast to grow from week two to week three in its first season. The series premiere delivered more households than any previous USA series premiere and was the network's best series premiere since THE DEAD ZONE on P18-34 and since for P18-49 and total viewers.
·was the most watched scripted series on cable in 2Q09 among P18-49 (2.78 million).
· In the Thursday 10-11P time period in the weeks when USA aired ROYAL PAINS, the network was second only to ABC in delivering P18-49 and P18-34.
·was the #1 original scripted series in 2Q09 among P25-54 (3.02 million), having enjoyed its best season premiere ever. This was the #2 scripted series of the quarter among P18-49 (2.75 million) and ranked 3rd among P18-34 (1.21 million), total viewers (6.31 million), and households (4.46 million).
· IN PLAIN SIGHT and LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT were the top two series on Sundays in 2Q09 among P25-54 (IPS 2.27 million / CI 1.91 million), total viewers (4.68 million / 4.11 million), and households (3.51 million / 3.09 million). IN PLAIN SIGHT was also the top series on Sundays among P18-49 (1.96 million).
· The June 15th show was the most watched 3-Hour episode of WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW ever for P25-54 (2.63 million), while the June 22nd installment (the first ever to run commercial-free) was the most watched episode since March 25, 2002 for total viewers (6.81 million) and households (4.48 million) and the most watched since July 28, 2003 among P18-49 (3.1 2 million).
*Hours won over Big 4 Broadcast reflect nightly Live+SD information, counting a win in any hour that USA beat ABC, CBS, FOX or NBC in A, M, or F 18-49, 25-54, 18-34, or total viewers
USA Network is the #1 network in all of basic cable and is seen in 94 million U.S. homes. A division of NBC Universal, USA is the cable television leader in original series and is home to the best in blockbuster theatrical films, acquired television series and entertainment events. The award-winning USA website is located at www.usanetwork.com. Characters Welcome.
USA Network is a program service of NBC Universal Cable a division of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.