via press release:
Degrassi Original TV Movie Breaks Records for The N as Most–Watched, Highest-Rated Telecast Ever, Drawing Nearly 1 Million Total Viewers
Ranks as Teen’s Number-One Telecast on Broadcast and Ad-Supported Cable TV
The N’s Degrassi Goes to Hollywood premiere on Friday, Aug. 14 (8-10 p.m. [all times ET]) set a new record for the network, ranking as the highest-rated and most-watched telecast in the net’s history with total viewers (977,000) and teens (511,000). The premiere of The N’s first-ever original TV movie delivered more teens 12-17 for The N on Friday during the 8-10 p.m. time period than any other broadcast or ad-supported cable network.
Degrassi Goes to Hollywood ratings highlights include:
- The two-hour original TV movie set a new total viewer record for The N, drawing 977,000 total viewers (P2+), up +179% over last year's like time period.
- Among teens 12-17, the premiere of Degrassi Goes to Hollywood also set a new record as the most-watched and highest-rated telecast, averaging a 3.2/511,000 T12-17 (+167%).
- The Degrassi TV movie was the number-one program in its time period on all of broadcast and ad-supported cable television with teens 12-17.
- With P12-24, the premiere of Degrassi Goes to Hollywood also set a new record as the most-watched and highest-rated telecast, averaging a 2.1/662,000 P12-24 (+163%).
- The Degrassi TV movie was also the number-one program in its time period on all of broadcast and ad-supported cable television with P12-24.
- Driven by Degrassi Goes to Hollywood, on Friday Aug. 14 The N had its most-watched total day (6 p.m. to 3 a.m.) ever with total viewers, teens 12-17 and persons 12-24.
- Additionally, the Degrassi TV movie drew in more than 2.1 million total viewers (P2+) and 1.4 million P12-24 on Friday night over three plays (8 p.m., 10 p.m. and 12 a.m.).
The N, the 24-hour TV network exclusively for and about teens, will be renamed TeenNick on September 28, 2009. Season nine of Degrassi: The Next Generation will premiere on the network in October. Degrassi: The Next Generation, winner of both a Television Critics Association Award and two Teen Choice Summer Series Awards, is a fictional, dramatic series that tackles tough issues in a realistic way. Degrassi explores an interesting group of adolescents and young adults going through the trials and tribulations at Degrassi Community School and beyond.