Ratings Report for ABC News’ ”This Week with George Stephanopoulos”

Categories: Morning News TV Ratings,Network TV Press Releases

Written By

August 27th, 2009

via ABC press release:

Ratings Report for ABC News’ ”This Week with George Stephanopoulos”

For Sunday, August 23, 2009

FOR THE 26TH WEEK SINCE JANUARY, THIS WEEK CUTS TOTAL VIEWING GAP WITH MEET THE PRESS

THIS WEEK IS #2 IN TOTAL VIEWERS AND ADULTS 25-54, OUTPERFORMING CBS FACE THE NATION

THIS WEEK IS ONLY SHOW TO EXPERIENCE GROWTH QUARTER TO DATE

On Sunday, August 23, ABC News’ “This Week with George Stephanopoulos” placed second among Total Viewers and the key Adults 25-54 demographic, outperforming CBS’ “Face the Nation” according to Nielsen Media Research.  “This Week” also continues to close the total viewing gap with NBC’s “Meet the Press.”  For the 26th week, “This Week” closed the total viewing gap with “Meet” by 61% (620,000 in 2009 vs. 1,600,000 in 2008) versus the same weeks last year. In the key Adults 25-54 demographic, “This Week” also cut into “Meet’s” lead by 68% (230,000 in 2009 vs. 730,000 in 2008).

Third quarter to date, “This Week” is the only Sunday show to experience growth in Total Viewers and Adults 25-54.  For the quarter, “This Week” is up +9% among Total Viewers and +11% in the demo.  “Meet the Press” in comparison has dropped -17% in Total Viewers and -28% among Adults 25-54.

Season to date, “This Week,” which continues to rank #2 in Total Viewers (3.07 million) and the demo (1.04 million), and has also experienced the most growth among Total Viewers (+15%) and Adults 25-54 (+7%).  “Meet,” again, is down -1% in Total Viewers -3% in the demo.

George Stephanopoulos is the anchor of “This Week” and Ian Cameron is the executive producer. The program airs Sundays on the ABC Television Network.

(Sunday, August 23, 2009)

TOTAL VIEWERS A25-54 MM/Rtg

ABC “THIS WEEK”              2,340,000          790,000/.6

NBC “MEET THE PRESS”         2,960,000         1,020,000/.8

CBS “FACE THE NATION”        2,270,000          700,000/.6

FOX “FOX NEWS SUNDAY”        1,110,000          430,000/.3

 
© 2014 Tribune Digital Ventures