with smacktalk at the CW!
via USA Network (ratings highlights for the week):
USA was on top again this week in basic cable prime entertainment due to strong performances from USA originals MONK and PSYCH, WWE's MONDAY NIGHT RAW, hit acquiredsand LAW & ORDER: , and theatrical THE BOURNE IDENTITY. USA placed more of the top ten telecasts in P25-54 than any other cable network, and continued to outperform The CW:
- USA dominated basic cable entertainment networks in prime this week, delivering the most P25-54 (1.45 million, +41% over #2 TNT), P18-49 (1.25 million, +15% over #2 MTV), total viewers (3.28 million, +39% over #2 DSNY) and households (2.44 million, +36% over #2 DSNY), as well as earning the top household coverage(2.46, +0.63 over #2 DSNY).
- USA was the only cable entertainment network in prime to deliver over 3 million total viewers or 2 million households in prime this week.
- Despite a number of premieres on The CW, USA still delivered more P25-54 (+21%) and total viewers (+52%) as the broadcaster, as well as beating ABC and CBS in M18-34 delivery (289,000). Further, the cable net registered victories over "Big 4" broadcasters in 18 primetime hours this week (M-Su 8P-11P).
USA placed four of the top ten P25-54 entertainment telecasts in basic cable prime this week, more than any other network…
- MONK was the most watched entertainment telecast of the night Friday, broadcast or cable, in delivering P25-54 (2 million) and total viewers (4.82 million), placing second only to PSYCH in P18-49 delivery to a scripted show on any network on TV (1.51MM) and among P18-34 (532,000) in basic cable prime.
- PSYCH was the #1 show in all of television Friday night for P18-34 viewers (716,000) and outperformed every scripted telecast in P18-49 viewing (1.72 million). The show placed second only to its lead in, MONK, in basic cable prime among total viewers (4.03 million). MONK was the only scripted telecast in basic cable prime to deliver more P25-54 than PSYCH (1.77 million).
- More P25-54 (2.83 million), M18-49 (1.86 million) and M25-54 (1.88 million) watched this week's episode of WWE’s MONDAY NIGHT RAW than any prior episode this quarter to date or than watched any other entertainment show in the night's basic cable prime. RAW was also the top entertainment show in cable for P18-49 (2.80 million), total viewers (5.47 million) and households (3.79 million), outperforming every broadcast telecast in P18-34 (1.27 million), M18-49 and M18-34 (860,000) while delivering more P18-49, P25-54 and total male viewers (3.62 million) than anything on broadcast except for CBS’s “” and “2 1/2 Men.”
- LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS andwere the top acquired series on cable this week among P25-54, with 1.51 million and 1.475 million viewers, respectively, and were the only ones to draw over 1.5 million P25-54 or place in the week's top ten telecasts. These were also the top acquired series for total viewers ( 3.67 million / 3.19 million) and households ( 2.79 million / 2.485 million) and were the only ones to average over 3 million total viewers or 2 million households.