via Syfy press release:
SYFY’S ‘EUREKA’ DELIVERS BEST SEASON EVER
SCORING RATINGS HIGHS IN KEY DEMOS
AND TOTAL VIEWERS
New York, NY – September 21, 2009 – With its 3rd season finale airing Friday, September 18, Syfy’s hit original dramedy Eureka continued its growth streak turning in its highest-rated and most-watched season ever. With full DVR playback data factored in, Eureka settled comfortably into its new night this summer – Fridays at 9pm – averaging 3.2 million total viewers per week. This was also the show’s best season ever in adults 18-49 (averaging 1.4 million per week) and adults 25-54 (1.6 million per week).
- For the full season 3 vs. season 2, Eureka has grown its audience by +6% in Adults 18-49, +18% in Adults 25-54 and +20% in total viewers.
- Nine of the ten most-watched Eureka episodes ever aired in season 3.
- The September 18 season finale of Eureka averaged a 1.7 HH, 1.1 million Adults 18-49s, 1.2 million adults 25-54 and 2.3 million total viewers. This summer Eureka has been adding approximately 800,000 total viewers per week from DVR playback data that is not recorded in the overnight ratings.
- Eureka was the #2 cable entertainment program in its timeslot on Friday night in both key demos, trailing only a new episode of Monk that aired on USA. Among all cable telecasts for the day Eureka ranked #6 for P25-54 viewers and #7 for P18-49 viewers.
- In the 9pm hour on Friday, September 18, Syfy delivered more Adults 18-49 and 25-54s than ABC.
At first glance, Eureka seems like any other cozy, Pacific Northwest town, but it’s actually a secret community of geniuses assembled by the government to conduct top-secret research. What they’ve unwittingly created is a place where anything imaginable can happen… and does. The series stars Colin Ferguson, Salli Richardson-Whitfield, Joe Morton, Jordan Hinson, Erica Cerra, Neil Grayston, and Niall Matter. Co-creator Jaime Paglia, Charlie Craig and Thania St. John are Executive Producers.
Eureka has been renewed for a 4th season with production slated to begin next year in Vancouver. The series is produced by Universal Cable Productions.
Syfy is a media destination for imagination-based entertainment. With year round acclaimed original series, events, blockbuster movies, classic science fiction and fantasy programming, a dynamic Web site (www.Syfy.com), and a portfolio of adjacent business (Syfy Ventures), Syfy is a passport to limitless possibilities. Originally launched in 1992 as SCI FI Channel, and currently in 95 million homes, Syfy is a network of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. (Syfy. Imagine greater.)