|Rating/Share: Adults 18-49||5.8/16||3.7/10||2.5/7||2.3/6||1.5/4||1.4/4|
|Rating/Share: Adults 18-34||5.6/16||2.2/6||2.1/6||2.4/7||1.6/5||1.6/5|
|Total Viewers (million)||15.33||13.97||7.33||5.26||3.77||3.22|
FlashForward off to a good start,Samoa beaten in viewers for the first time in an eternity, but actually up versus last week despite the FlashForward premiere.
was down, but the night is definitely still up for FOX, who took third for the first official Thursday of the season.
Those predicting's would pull adults 18-49 ratings similar to House -- you were right, and I bow down to you! We'll have to see the final tallies to know whether 's or House was top scripted 18-49 show for the week. Either way, 's put a whipping on CBS' and The in terms of adults 18-49. But next week, The will go head-to-head with and should fare better.
and 's were both down from last year, sharply down from last year's a 7.0/17 with adults 18-49 and 22.9 million viewers. Grey's last year premiered to a 7.4/18 and 18.5 million viewers
Ratings highlights for FlashForward via ABC:
ABC took first place on the opening Thursday of the season in viewers and all key Adults (AD18-34/AD18-49/AD25-54), beating second-place CBS by 1.3 million viewers and by 57% in Adults 18-49. In fact ABC won all 6 half-hours of the evening in Total Viewers and Adults 18-49. It was ABC’s 2nd straight year to lead the season-opening Thursday on both Nielsen measures.
ABC’s series debut of FlashForward won the 8 o'clock hour in viewers and young adults, beating out CBS' time-period veteran: Samoa by 11% in Adults 18-49. FlashForward gained viewers and young adult audience throughout its telecast.
- Despite its early time period, FlashForward was the #2 TV show of the night in AD18-49, topping both , and behind only Grey’s and The .
- In Total Viewers and Adults 18-49, FlashForward registered as the biggest drama premiere on any network in the 8 o’clock hour since January 2008 – since Fox’s debut of Sarah Conner Chronicles on 1/13/08, which had the enormous advantage of airing after an ultra-high-rated NFL playoff game on that night (Cowboys-NY Giants).
- In viewers and young adults, it was ABC’s best performance in the time period with regular programming in 20 months – since 1/31/08.
Ok, so it doesn't mention that it was the lowest premiere in Grey'shistory, that said, everything tailed off during last year, and last night's numbers were above the levels Grey's finished last season.
- Week two ofposted a 2.7/8 among Adults 18-49 and so far this fall is outperforming its Thursday average last season by +7% among Adults 18-49, +10% among Adults 18-34, and +2% among Total Viewers.
- Compared to FOX's Fall'08 time period performance with regular programming,is up +71% among Adults 18-49, +35% among Adults 18-34, and +140% among Total Viewers. ranked No. 3 in the hour among Adults 18-49 and No. 2 in Adults 18-34.
- Week two ofposted a 2.3/6 among Adults 18-49. So far this season shows substantial gains compared to FOX’s regular programming in the time period last Fall, increasing +37% among Adults 18-49 and +58% in Total Viewers.
- ranked No. 4 in the 9p hour among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
|Time||Net||Show||18-49 Rating/Share||Viewers (Millons)|
|8:00||ABC||FlashForward (series premiere)||4.1/12||12.41|
|NBC||SNL Weekend Update Thursday||1.8/5||4.66|
|8:30||NBC||Parks & Recreation||1.8/5||4.22|
|10:00||ABC||Grey's Anatomy (season premiere)||6.7/18||16.52|
|NBC||The Jay Leno Show||1.7/5||4.99|
Nielsen TV Ratings: ©2009 The Nielsen Company. All Rights Reserved.
Fast Affiliate Ratings: These first national ratings, including demographics, are available at approximately 11 AM (ET) the day after telecast, and are released to subscribing customers daily. These data, from the National People Meter sample, are strictly time-period information, based on the normal broadcast network feed, and include all programming on the affiliated stations, sometimes including network programming, sometimes not. The figures may include stations that did not air the entire network feed, as well as local news breaks or cutaways for local coverage or other programming. Fast Affiliate ratings are not as useful for live programs and are likely to differ significantly from the final results, because the data reflect normal broadcast feed patterns. For example, with agame, Fast Affiliate Ratings would include whatever aired from 8-11PM on affiliates in the Pacific Time Zone, following the live football game, but not game coverage that begins at 5PM PT. The same would be true of Presidential debates as well as live award shows and breaking news reports.
Rating: Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households (or other specified group) tuned to a program in the average minute. Ratings are expressed as a percent.
Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)Time Shifted Viewing – Program ratings for national sources are produced in three streams of data – Live, Live+Same Day (Live+SD) and Live+7 Day. Time shifted figures account for incremental viewing that takes place with DVRs which are currently in approximately 24.4% of all U.S. TV households. Live+Same Day (Live+SD) include viewing during the same broadcast day as the original telecast, with a cut-off of 3:00AM local time when meters transmit daily viewing to Nielsen for processing. Live+7 Day ratings include incremental viewing that takes place during the 7 days following a telecast.For more information see Numbers 101 and Numbers 102.