via press release:
Ratings Highlights for 3Q 2009
Final National Ratings
Growing its Audience for the 7th Consecutive Quarter in Prime and Total Day,
3Q09 Ranks as SOAPnet’s Most-Watched Quarter Ever in Total Viewers
Building its Audience for the 5th Consecutive Quarter, 3Q09 Becomes
SOAPnet’s Most-Watched Quarter in Total Day in Women 18-49
3Q09 Wraps as SOAPnet’s Second-Most-Watched Quarter Ever in Prime
in Women 18-49, Falling Just Shy of 2Q09’s Record-Setting Levels
“One Life to Live” Nets its Largest Quarterly Audience in 3Q09 in Total Viewers
and Women 18-49, While “General Hospital” and “All My Children” Register
Double-Digit Percent Increases Year to Year in the Key Demos
SOAPnet (3Q 2009)
- Posting its 7th consecutive quarter of increases, 3Q09 became SOAPnet’s most-watched quarter on record in Total Viewers in Prime (381,000) and Total Day (198,000). Impressively, this is the second straight quarter the network has delivered at record levels.
- In Women 18-49, SOAPnet grew its Total Day audience for the 5th straight quarter, hitting all-time highs in 3Q09 (79,000). In Prime 3Q09 became the net’s second-most-watched quarter ever, behind only 2Q08 (142,000 vs. 143,000).
- Compared to 3Q08, in Prime SOAPnet climbed by an impressive 21% in Total Viewers (381,000 vs. 315,000) and by 35% in Women 18-49 (142,000 vs. 105,000). In Total Day SOAPnet improved delivery by an equally impressive 22% in Total Viewers (198,000 vs. 162,000) and by 30% in Women 18-49 (79,000 vs. 61,000).
- Garnering double-digit percent gains over year-ago levels, “One Life to Live” (M-F, 9:00 – 10:00 p.m.) registered the series’ largest quarterly audience on record on SOAPnet in Total Viewers (480,000) and Women 18-49 (186,000), increasing by a respective 39% (vs. 349,000) and 50% (vs. 124,000).
- “All My Children” (M-F, 8:00 – 9:00 p.m.) posted robust year-to-year increases, up by 31% in Total Viewers (477,000 vs. 365,000) and by 57% in Women 18-49 (184,000 vs. 117,000) over 3Q08 deliveries.
- “General Hospital” (M-F, 10:00 – 11:00 p.m.) garnered hefty gains over year-ago levels, increasing by 10% in Total Viewers (454,000 vs. 413,000) and by 23% in Women 18-49 (174,000 vs. 142,000).
Source: Nielsen Media Research (National Ratings, 3Q09: 6/29/09-9/27/09, Most Current; Year-Ago, 3Q08: 06/30/08-9/28/08, L + 7.