more smack talk directed at the CW! Via USA press release:
USA DELIVERS BEST 3Q EVER ON CABLE WITH LUCKY #13
13TH Straight Quarterly Win in P18-49, P25-54 and Total Viewers
Beats CW by Double Digits & Beats Broadcast in over 200 Primetime Hours
Television's #1 Scripted Series for 3Q
NEW YORK, NEW YORK – September 29, 2009 –USA had another record-breaking quarter in 3Q09, delivering more total viewers (3.45 million) than any cable network -- basic or pay -- in cable history. Additionally, USA delivered more P25-54 (1.55 million) than any basic cable entertainment network ever has in any quarter. The network also delivered more P18-49 (1.35 million) than any basic cable network in a third quarter.
USA was the most watched cable network in 3Q09 prime, delivering more P25-54 (+37% over #2 ESPN), P18-49 (+22% over #2 ESPN), P18-34 (570,000, +7% over #2 TBS), total viewers (+19% over #2 Disney Channel) and households (2.57 million, +23% over #2 Disney Channel), in addition to earning the highest household coveragein basic cable prime (2.65, +0.50 over #2 Disney Channel). USA was the only network to deliver over 1.5 million P25-54, 3 million total viewers or 2.5 million households in 3Q09.
USA set a new record with its unprecedented 13th consecutive quarter as the top entertainment network for P18-49. 3Q09 also marks the network’s 13th consecutive quarter as the #1 ad-supported entertainment network among P25-54 and total viewers. In addition, September marked the 13th consecutive month of USA outperforming the network's same month in prior years in total viewers and households.
USA also grew year to year to have its best 3rd quarter ever, gaining +16% in P25-54, +8% in P18-49, +5% in P18-34, +22% in total viewers and +22% in households.
USA continues to out-perform The CW by wide margins over the broadcaster's P18-49 (+85%), P25-54 (+128%), total viewers (+161%) and P18-34 (+41%). USA registered victories over broadcast in over 200 primetime (M-Su 8P-11P) hours this month, with new original episodes of, , LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT, IN PLAIN SIGHT, MONK and , WWE’s MONDAY NIGHT RAW, hit movies, and episodes of the top acquired series on cable: , LAW & ORDER: and HOUSE.
- All six USA originals were among television's top 15 original scripted series, broadcast or cable, presenting new episodes this quarter on P25-54 or P18-49.
- Most of this quarter's top 40 P25-54 and P18-49 telecasts in basic cable prime entertainment were on USA as the network hosted 23 of the top P25-54 and 22 of the top P18-49 programs, including every new episode of USA Original seriesand , along with RAW. No other network placed more than 9 telecasts in this top tier for P25-54 or more than 4 among P18-49.
- Television's top original scripted series this quarter, broadcast or cable, basic or pay, waswith 3.94 million P25-54. It was also the top P18-49 original scripted series (3.46 million) in 3Q09. FOX was the only network to deliver more P25-54, P18-49 or P18-34 than USA in the time period while NBC was the only network to deliver more total viewers or households. Every episode of this season of that aired in 3Q09 appeared in the quarter's basic cable prime entertainment top 40 telecasts for P25-54 and P18-49. The show’s third season finale is USA top's original scripted series telecast of all time at 9.1 million total viewers and 4.41 million P25-54, and was the most watched entertainment telecast of the quarter in basic cable prime for P25-54.
- was second only to BURN NOTICE among this quarter's scripted series with new episodes, on broadcast or cable, among P25-54 (3.67 million) and P18-49 (3.19 million). The show continues to be the most watched new series of the year in P25-54, P18-49, and total viewers. is the most popular first season of any USA original series, outperforming all other initial seasons of a series among all key demos. Every episode of the freshman season that aired in 3Q09 appeared in the quarter's basic cable prime entertainment top 40 telecasts for P25-54 and P18-49. On nights the network aired the show, Thursdays at 10P, USA was the most watched television network, broadcast or cable, in delivering P18-49, P18-34, F18-49, F25-54 or F18-34, while placing second only to CBS among P25-54, total viewers and households.
- MONK andwere the top Friday night scripted series on any television network in 3Q09 among P25-54 (Monk #1 2.47 million / #2 2.28 million), P18-49 ( #1 2.05 million / Monk #2 million), P18-34 (Psych #1 927,000 / Monk #2 785,000), total viewers (Monk #1 5.78 million / Psych #2 4.82 million) and households (Monk #1 3.94 million / Psych #2 3.28 million). With new episodes of Monk, USA placed second only to NBC in P18-49, P25-54, and total viewers in its time slot. When the network aired new episodes of PSYCH Fridays at 10P, USA delivered more F18-34 than any other network, broadcast or cable, placing second only to CBS in delivering P18-34 and M18-49 while outperforming ABC in P18-49 and P25-54 delivery
- IN PLAIN SIGHT was the top ad-supported scripted television series with new episodes Sunday nights in 3Q09 in total viewers (5.20 million), P25-54 (2.51 million) and households (3.84 million). On nights USA ran the show, Sundays at 10P, the network beat all broadcast networks in P18-49 and P18-34, as well as delivering more P25-54, total viewers and households than ABC and more P25-54 than CBS.
- LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT was a top performer among television's scripted series with new episodes in 3Q09, placing in the top 15 among P25-54 (#12, 2.19 million), P18-49 (#13, 1.79 million) and total viewers (#9, 4.82 million). USA outperformed ABC in P18-49, P25-54, total viewers and households on Sundays at 9P when the network ran the show, beating Fox in total viewers and households, as well. Among female viewers, USA beat all broadcasters in F18-49 delivery and all broadcasters but CBS in F25-54.
- More households watched RAW in 3Q09 (3.78 million) than in any quarter since 1Q02. This was the best 3rd Quarter for the show since 3Q01 in P25-54 (2.70 million) and total viewers (5.57 million). Year to year, RAW's audience has grown +11% in P25-54, +4% P18-49 (2.63 million), +11% in total viewers and +16% in households from 3Q08. USA was the #1 entertainment network, broadcast or cable, in RAW’s regular timeslot (Mon 9P-11P) in 3Q09 among M18-49, M18-34 and total male viewers, placing second only to ABC in P18-34 and to CBS in M25-54 .
- The two most watched acquired series on cable this quarter were on USA:and LAW & ORDER: among P25-54 ( 1.44 million / 1.25 million), total viewers ( 3.56 million / 2.92 million) and households ( 2.73 million / 2.34 million). These were the only series to deliver over 2.5 million total viewers or 2 million households.
** Hours won over Big 4 Broadcast are reflect nightly information, counting a win in any hour that we beat ABC, CBS, FOX or NBC in A, M, or F 18-49, 25-54, 18-34, or total viewers.
USA Network is the #1 network in all of basic cable and is seen in 94 million U.S. homes. A division of NBC Universal, USA is the cable television leader in original series and is home to the best in blockbuster theatrical films, acquired television series and entertainment events. The award-winning USA website is located at www.usanetwork.com. Characters Welcome.
USA Network is a program service of NBC Universal Cable a division of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.