While The Hills was well down from last April's 3 million, and its August 2008 debut The City picked up steam.
MTV'S STRONG SEASON PREMIERES OF 'THE HILLS' AND 'THE CITY' DRIVE NETWORK TO its STRONGEST TUESDAY 10-11PM RATING IN OVER A YEAR!
MTV’s The City Delivers Series High
- MTV’s The Hills premiered with a 2.35 P12-34and an audience of over 2.3 million total viewers
- The Hills was the #1 cable telecast of the day among both P12-34 and F12-34.
- The Hills was #1 in its time period versus all television competition (including broadcast) among P12-34.
- MTV’s The City delivered a series high 2.06 P12-34 rating and over 2.0 million total viewers.
- The City’s season premiere is up versus its January series debut by +43%.
- The City ranked as the #2 cable telecast of the day among F12-34 and the #3 cable telecast of the day among P12-34.
The City was #1 in its time period versus all television competition among F12-34 and across all cable competition among P12-34.