via press release:
"TODAY" TOPS GMA BY 1.4 MILLION VIEWERS FOR THE WEEK
"Today" Notched Its Best Total Viewer Audience Since the Week of June 8
NEW YORK ? October 1, 2009 ? NBC News' "Today" continues as the dominant morning news program for the first week of the new season. This week's win marks "Today's" 720th consecutive week in first place. Below are the highlights for the week ending September 25.
· TODAY averaged 5.3 million total viewers, a 36% (1.4 million) advantage over GMA and 99% (2.6 million) over Early Show.
· TODAY notched its best total viewer audience since the week of June 8, 2009.
· TODAY has now won 720 consecutive weeks in both homes and total viewers.
· In A25-54, TODAY led GMA by 46% (6 tenths) and Early Show by 111% (1 full rating point).
· In rating A18-49, TODAY outperformed GMA by 67% (6 tenths) and Early Show by 150% (9 tenths).
· TODAY posted its biggest A25-54 (000) delivery since the week of June 8, 2009 and largest A25-54 (000) advantage over GMA since the week of May 18, 2009.
· On Monday, TODAY topped GMA by +1,021,000 A25-54 viewers, the program's biggest win since April 23, 2008 (excluding the Beijing Olympics).
· Excluding the Beijing Olympics, TODAY also had its biggest win in W18-49 (000) since the week of May 29, 2006 and best win in A18-49 (000) since the week of February 18, 2008.
· TODAY posted week-to-week growth in total viewers (+1% or +67,000), rating W18-49 (+5%) and rating W25-54 (+4%).
· TODAY widened its lead over GMA compared to the first week of the 2008/09 season in homes (from +25% up to +30%), total viewers (from +21% up to +36%), rating A18-49 (from +36% up to +67%) and rating A25-54 (from +20% up to +46%).
Jim Bell is the executive producer of "Today" (Monday - Friday, 7-11 a.m.).
Members of the media can get more information about NBC Universal and its programming on the NBC Universal Media Village Web site at www.nbcumv.com.