"reach" isn't average viewers, but the average viewers of 7.3 million with 4.1 million adults 18-49 over the three hour grand finale wasn't shabby!
via Univision press release:
UNIVISION’S HIT NOVELA “MAÑANA ES PARA SIEMPRE” (TOMORROW IS FOREVER) REACHES OVER 11 MILLION VIEWERS WITH GRAND FINALE
Network Takes #2 Spot for the Night, Beating First-Run Primetime Programs on ABC, CBS, and NBC Among Adults 18-34
Univision Stations #1 in Primetime in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix, San Francisco, and Sacramento Among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34 and Persons 12-34, Regardless of Language
MIAMI, FL, OCTOBER 6, 2009 – Univision once again demonstrated its competitive strength last night among ALL broadcast networks, regardless of language, with the impressive audience delivery of the three-hour finale of its blockbuster novela “Mañana Es Para Siempre” (Tomorrow is Forever). Reaching over 11 million viewers who watched all or part of the broadcast, the network averaged 2.4 million Adults 18-34 and 2.9 million Persons 12-34, making it the #2 broadcast network for the night, beating ABC, CBS, NBC and CW among all viewers, not just Hispanic. Additionally, with an average audience of 7.3 million Total Viewers 2+ and 4.1 million Adults 18-49, “Mañana Es Para Siempre” made Univision the #4 network on broadcast television, beating NBC and CW. In such key markets as Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Chicago, Houston and Dallas among others, “Mañana Es Para Siempre’s” finale made Univision stations #1 among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34, and Persons 12-34, regardless of language.
Featuring the stellar performance of the immensely popular actress/singer Lucero, along with novela superstar Fernando Colunga and the talented actress Silvia Navarro, “Mañana Es Para Siempre” consistently ranked among the top programs in the time period throughout its entire run (debuted February 2009). In fact, just in the last two weeks since the start of the new broadcast season, “Mañana Es Para Siempre” drew over one million more Total Viewers 2+ than its average audience in its seven month run becoming Univision’s third most-watched primetime novela of all-time and among all Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49.
- Among all Adults 18-34 and Persons 12-34 “Mañana Es Para Siempre’s” finale was the #2 most-watched program of the night, beating the following first-run programs on English-language networks:
- ABC’s entire primetime programming line-up: “ ” and “ ”
- CBS’s entire primetime programming line-up: “ ,” “Accidentally On Purpose,” “Two and a Half Men,” “ ” and “ : Miami”
- NBC’s entire primetime programming line-up: “Heroes,” “Trauma” and “The Jay Leno Show”
- FOX’s “ ”
- CW’s entire primetime programming line-up: “ ” and “ ”
- “Mañana Es Para Siempre” also averaged more Adults 18-49 viewers than ABC’s “ ,” CBS’s “Accidentally On Purpose,” FOX’s “ ” and the entire primetime programming line-ups on NBC (“Heroes,” “Trauma” and “The Jay Leno Show”) and CW (“ ” and “ ”)
Source: The Nielsen Company, NPM (10/5/2009) 8pm-11pm. Univision’s “Mañana Es Para Siempre” based on Fast National Ratings (Reach based on Persons 2+, 6+ minute qualified audience) and English-language broadcast networks based on Fast Affiliate Ratings. Top-ranked primetime novela finale and full-run based on NHPM (10/26/1992-12/25/2005), NPM (12/26/2005-07/07/2009). Live+SD.
- Univision was the #1 station in primetime in the following markets:
o Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix, San Francisco, and Sacramento among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34, Persons 12-34, and Kids 2-11
o Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Phoenix among Total Viewers 2+
- “Mañana Es Para Siempre’s” finale was the #1 program of the day:
- Among Adults 18-34 and Persons 12-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix, San Francisco and Sacramento
- Among Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix, San Francisco and Sacramento
- Among Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, Dallas, and Phoenix
- In Los Angeles and Houston “Mañana Es Para Siempre” averaged more viewers in primetime than the ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX affiliate stations combined among Adults 18-49
- Among Adults 18-34 “Mañana Es Para Siempre” averaged more viewers than the combined viewership of ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX stations in Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas and Chicago
Source: Nielsen Station Index, live preliminary ratings, 10/05/2009 (8-11pm ET/PT, 7-10pm Central).
Univision Communications Inc. is the premier Spanish-language media company in the United States. Its operations include Univision Network, the most-watched Spanish-language broadcast television network in the U.S. reaching 95% of U.S. Hispanic Households; TeleFutura Network, a general-interest Spanish-language broadcast television network, which was launched in 2002 and now reaches 85% of U.S. Hispanic Households; Galavisión, the country’s leading Spanish-language cable network; Univision Television Group, which owns and operates 64 television stations in major U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico; Univision Radio, the leading Spanish-language radio group which owns and/or operates 68 radio stations in 16 of the top 25 U.S. Hispanic markets and 5 stations in Puerto Rico; and Univision Interactive Media, which includes http://www.univision.com, the premier Spanish-language Internet destination in the U.S., and Univision Móvil, the industry’s most comprehensive Spanish-language suite of mobile offerings. Univision Communications also has a 50% interest in TuTv, a joint venture formed to broadcast Televisa’s pay television channels in the U.S. Univision Communications has television network operations in Miami and television and radio stations and sales offices in major cities throughout the United States.
For more information, please visit www.univision.net