via press release:
ABC DEBUTS FREE “” APP FOR iPHONE AND iPOD
New App Offers SMS Voting, Video Highlights, Elimination Updates & More
ABC today announced the availability of its free “” (DWTS) App from the App Store. The app is a one-stop-shop for fans who can now use their iPhone or iPod touch for deeper access to the hit show, complete with the latest elimination updates, video clips and other fun, interactive features.
In addition to offering users another way to vote for favorites each week, the app features:
- Instant updates about who was voted off the show, as well as video results
- Dazzling photo galleries capturing all the hot dancing action from every show
- Bios on the stars, pros, judges and hosts
- In the mood to Mambo? Care to try the Tango? Users can learn all they need to know about the dynamic dances featured on the show
- First-hand knowledge of how voting shapes the show
- Game play with iJudge, an addictive feature that gives users access to the famous DWTS scoring paddles
The DWTS App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore/. For more information on the DWTS App please visit www.abc.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars.
As the online home of the ABC Television Network, ABC.com is dedicated to providing users with innovative ways to experience their favorite shows. In addition to the new ABC Music Lounge and the Emmy & Webby Award-winning ABC Full Episode Player, the site also offers viewers of ABC’s hit series everything from games, blogs, forums, photos and downloadables to the ABC Store which provides fans access to a wide variety of unique ABC-related merchandise. ABC.com is available anytime, anywhere on mobile devices at m.abc.com.
“” airs on ABC MONDAYS (8:00-10:02 p.m. ET), followed by a live results show on TUESDAYS, (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET.) Hosted by Tom Bergeron (“America’s ”) and Samantha Harris (“E! Entertainment”), the celebrities perform choreographed dance routines judged by renowned Ballroom judge Len Goodman and dancer/choreographers Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba. “Dancing with the Stars” is the U.S. version of the international smash hit series, “Strictly Come Dancing.” This version is produced in America by BBC Productions. Conrad Green serves as executive producer and Wade and Matilda Zoltowski are co-executive producers. Alex Rudzinski directs.