via press release:
SYFY MAKES HISTORY WITH RECORD-BREAKING RANKINGS
SYFY POSTS BEST OCTOBER EVER IN TOTAL VIEWERS, ADULTS 18-34, ADULTS 18-49, ADULTS 25-54, WOMEN 18-34, WOMEN 18-49 AND WOMEN 25-54
Syfy Leaps Into #3 Among A25-54 and #4 in A18-49 –
Best Performance in Seven Years
New York, NY – October 27, 2009 – Extending its summer ratings surge into fall, Syfy smashed yet another viewership record with its most watched October prime in history among total viewers (1,452,000), Adults 18-34 (308,000), Adults 18-49 (733,000), Adults 25-54 (797,000), Women 18-34 (141,000), Women 18-49 (356,000) and Women 25-54 (378,000).
Syfy jumped to #3 in A25-54 and #4 among A18-49 versus all basic cable entertainment networks – its second best monthly ranking ever in these demos behind December 2002 when Steven Spielberg’s record-setting Taken premiered.
The record October performance was fueled by strong ratings from and -- which both premiered this month -- and ,the two highest-rated paranormal investigative series on television, along with the annual 31 Days of Halloweenspook-a-thon.
Syfy also reported that in the Third Quarter, $75K+ A18-49 delivery increased by +21% vs. 3Q ’08.
October Syfy Ratings Highlights (includes full viewing data)
- The current 5th season of is shaping up to be its best ever in key demos and marks the best season ever for any Syfy original series in A18-49.
- is averaging a 2.1 HH , 3.0 million total viewers, 861,000 A18-34, 1.86 million A18-49 and 2.0 million A25-54.
- The first season of is averaging a 2.1 HH rating, 2.85 million total viewers, 1.5 million A18-49, and 1.7 million A25-54. Compared to the last season of Stargate Atlantis, is up +59% in A18-34, +41% in A18-49, +33% in A25-54 and +36% in total viewers.
- is also on track for its best season ever. Season three thus far is averaging a 1.7 HH Rating, 2.2 million total viewers, 684,000 A18-34, 1.35 million A18-49 and 1.4 million A25-54.
- The second season premiere of delivered a 1.8 HH rating, 2.4 million total viewers, 493,000 A18-34, 1.25 million A18-49 and 1.5 million A25-54. This marks a series high performance in A18-34.
- The Fall 2009 season of Scare Tactics is averaging a 1.1 HH rating, 410,000 A18-34, 818,000 A18-49, 825,000 A25-54 and 1.56 million total viewers. Compared to the Fall 2008 season, Scare Tactics is up by +29% in A18-34, +37% in A18-49, +33% in A25-54, and +42% in total viewers.
- The original movie premiere of Megafault on October 10 delivered 2.6 million total viewers, Syfy's best original movie premiere in over two years (April 2007).
Syfy is a media destination for imagination-based entertainment. With year round acclaimed original series, events, blockbuster movies, classic science fiction and fantasy programming, a dynamic Web site (www.Syfy.com), and a portfolio of adjacent business (Syfy Ventures), Syfy is a passport to limitless possibilities. Originally launched in 1992 as SCI FI Channel, and currently in 95 million homes, Syfy is a network of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. (Syfy. Imagine greater.)