via press release:
truTV Rides High as Cable’s Fastest Growing Entertainment Network in October
Hit Series Rehab:, All Worked Up and It Only Hurts When I Laugh
Help Network Score Best October Ever
Hot on the heels of scoring its best third quarter ever, truTV has now chalked up its best October ever. For the month, truTV ranked as cable’s fastest-growing entertainment network among adults 18-34, men 18-34 and men 18-49, driven by such original series as Rehab:, now in its second season, and All Worked Up and It Only Hurts When I Laugh, both in their first seasons.
“This is turning out to be another banner year for truTV as we continue to grow by leaps and bounds,” said Marc Juris, executive vice president and general manager of truTV/IN SESSION. “We look forward to building on our success with the series premieres ofin November and with Jesse Ventura in December.”
truTV’s October 2009 Ratings Highlights:
- truTV was cable’s fastest growing entertainment network in primetime for the month in delivery of adults 18-34 (237,000 vs.153,000 in October 2008); men 18-34 (121,000 vs. 71,000); and men 18-49 (283,000 vs. 193,000). In addition, truTV was the second fastest gainer among adults 18-49 (517,000 vs. 400,000) and ranked among the Top 5 networks when it comes to growing its delivery of women 18-34 (117,000 vs. 82,000).
- truTV scored its most-watched October ever among key demos in primetime, including adults 18-34, adults 18-49, men 18-34, men 18-49 and women 18-34, as well as among adults 25-54 (527,000) and men 25-54 (293,000).
- truTV’s extraordinary primetime growth for October included adults 18-34 (+55% vs. October 2008), adults 18-49 (+29%), adults 25-54 (+24%), men 18-34 (+70%), men 18-49 (+47%) and men 25-54 (+38%).
- Premieres of truTV’s original series Rehab:delivered excellent results Tuesdays at 10 p.m, with the show ranking among cable’s Top 5 entertainment programs in its time period with men 18-49 (469,000) and men 25-54 (456,000).
- The new series All Worked Up premiered Monday, Oct. 19, 9-10 p.m. and was one of cable’s Top 5 entertainment programs in its time period among adults 18-34 (401,000); adults 18-49 (768,000); adults 25-54 (766,000); and men 18-34 (178,000). It was also the #2 cable entertainment program in the time period among men 18-49 (406,000) and men 25-54 (446,000).
- The series premiere of It Only Hurts When I Laugh (Thursday Oct. 22, 10-11 p.m.) was one of cable’s Top 5 entertainment programs in the time period among adults 25-54 (763,000) and men 25-54 (419,000).
- In addition to its enormous primetime success, truTV ranked among ad-supported cable’s Top 10 networks in total day delivery of adults 25-54 (362,000) and men 25-54 (193,000).
truTV is television’s destination for real-life stories told from an exciting and dramatic first-person perspective. Currently seen in 91 million U.S. households, the 17-year-old network is enjoying its best deliveries ever in key demographics. truTV features high-stakes, action-packed originals that give viewers access to places and situations they can’t normally experience. truTV’s primetime fan favorites include the original series Rehab:, , The Smoking Gun Presents…, Speeders and Forensic Files. During the daytime, the channel features expert trial coverage under the name IN SESSION.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.