Brett Favre’s Return to Green Bay Averages almost 30 million
The game averaged 29.8 million, the primetime (7pm on) portion of the game averaged 39 million viewers. The game was the second most-watched Sunday regular season game on FOX ever…
via FOX Sports press release:
ALMOST 30 MILLION VIEWERS WITNESS FAVRE’S RETURN TO GREEN BAY
Second Most-Watched Sunday NFL on FOX Game Ever;
Game Sets Several Other Milestones
NFL’s Game of the Year & Thrilling World Series Game 4 Combine to Deliver
FOX’s Best Sunday Night since 2008 Super Bowl
Driven by the highly-anticipated Vikings-Packers match-up which featured the return of Brett Favre to Green Bay, Sunday’s NFL National Game on FOX posted a huge 17.4/32 average household ratings/share, with 29.8 million viewers to set many impressive benchmarks for FOX Sports, including:
- Ranks as FOX’s second most-watched NFL Sunday telecast ever (most-watched ever was 32.1 mill. on 11/12/95 for SF-DAL)
- Ranks as the highest-rated telecast on any network since the Academy Awards back in February (20.6/31, 36.3 million)
- Ranks as the highest-rated and most-watched NFL Sunday telecast on any network since12/9/07 on CBS
- Sunday’s Prime portion of the telecast peaked at an astounding 22.2/37 averaging nearly 39 million viewers
- Sunday’s game is up +26% over last year’s comparable 13.8/27 (22.3 million)
In addition, FOX’s NFL post-game show, THE OT posted a strong 9.8/16, with 16.6 million viewers to rank as the most-watched and second highest-rated telecast ever since the program premiered in 2006.
The succession of FOX’s NFL overrun, THE OT, MLB Pre-Game, and Game 4 of the 2009 World Series delivered FOX a fantastic 13.7/22 household rating for the night, averaging just over 23.3 million viewers, ranking as FOX’s highest-rated and most-watched Sunday night since the 2008 Super Bowl, and ranks as the highest-rated and most-watched Sunday night on any network since the Academy Awards back in February.