via press release:
“V” IS FOR VIEWERS AS SYFY’S THREE-DAY MARATHON PRESENTATION OF 1980S CULT CLASSIC PRODUCES DOUBLE-DIGIT AUDIENCE INCREASES
Sunday Six-Hour Telecast Powers 87% Rise in Adults 25-54
New York, NY – November 4, 2009 - While viewers liked the ABC remake of V, they also flocked to Syfy’s special three-day marathon presentation of the 1980s cult classic.
Airing from Sunday, November 1-Tuesday, November 3, V: The Miniseries, the sequel, V: The Final Battle, and V: The Series boosted Syfy viewership by whopping double-digits increases in HH ratings, total viewers, Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54 ranging as high as 87% in Adults 25-54 during the Sunday, 5-11PM (ET/PT) telecast.
On Sunday, three telecasts of V: The Final Battle finished in the top five in cable programs, catapulting Syfy to #1 in Adults 25-54 and #2 in Adults 18-49 in 8-11PM prime versus all cable networks, its best Sunday night performance since May 2008.
- Sunday's 12:30-5PM (ET/PT) telecast of the original V miniseries averaged a 1.3 HH and 1.58 million total viewers, including 796,000 Adults 18-49 and 956,000 Adults 25-54.
- This was up +63% in HH rating, +59% in total viewers, +62% in Adults 18-49 and +73% in Adults 25-54 compared to the time period avg. in the prior 4 weeks.
- Sunday's 5-11PM (ET/PT) telecast of V: The Final Battle averaged a 1.7 HH Rating and 2.17 million total viewers, including 1.06 million Adults18-49 and 1.27 million Adults 25-54.
- This was up +70% in HH rating, +73% in total viewers, +73% in Adults 18-49 and +87% in Adults 25-54 compared to the time period avg. in the prior 4 weeks.
- The Monday-Tuesday daytime marathon of 19 episodes of V: The Series averaged 466,000 total viewers, including 210,000 Adults 18-49 and 263,000 Adults 25-54.
- This was up +8% in total viewers, +2% in Adults 18-49 and +20% in Adults 25-54 compared to the time period avg. in the prior 4 weeks.
Syfy is a media destination for imagination-based entertainment. With year round acclaimed original series, events, blockbuster movies, classic science fiction and fantasy programming, a dynamic Web site (www.Syfy.com), and a portfolio of adjacent business (Syfy Ventures), Syfy is a passport to limitless possibilities. Originally launched in 1992 as SCI FI Channel, and currently in 95 million homes, Syfy is a network of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. (Syfy. Imagine greater.)