Most interesting to me is that DVR usage is higher than internet video consumption in all but the 18-24 age group.
Here are the highlights of the most recent Nielsen A2/M2™ Three Screen Report:
- In 3Q09, the average American watched 31 hours of TV per week, with 31 minutes spent in playback mode with their DVR.
- In addition, each week the average consumer spent 4 hours on the Internet and 22 minutes watching online video.
- The average consumer spent 3 minutes watching mobile video each week.
- Almost 99% of video content watched in America is still done on traditional television
- DVR and Online Video continue to show solid growth – up 21.1% and 34.9% respectively in time spent from Third Quarter 2008
- Teens continue to watch mobile video the most, at just over 7 hours per month, though mobile video is not just a young medium, as mobile users Adults 45-54 report viewing nearly 3 hours of video on their mobile phones
via Nielsen Wire.
You can download Nielsen’s A2/M2™ Three Screen Report here.