via press release:
Nick's “iQuit iCarly” Special Tops All TV with Kids and Tweens
Show Hits Series’ Best with 8.8 Million Total Viewers Tuning In
NEW YORK–Dec. 8, 2009–Nickelodeon’s iCarly–the number-one show on all TV with kids 2-11 year to date–is this week's basic cable champ as the Saturday prime-time special ("iQuit iCarly", Dec. 5, 8-9 p.m. ET/PT) topped all kid and tween demos (K2-11, K6-11 and T9-14).
iCarly set a new record as “iQuit iCarly” scored its series’ best-ever performance among kids 2-11, 6-11, tweens 9-14 and total viewers.
Overall, iCarly's "iQuit iCarly" ranked behind only ESPN’s Monday Night Football and the series finale of USA’s Monk on basic cable for the week.
“iQuit iCarly” highlights include:
- “iQuit iCarly” posted triple-digit gains over last year's time period average and against direct programming competition.
- The special topped basic cable this week with tweens (17.0/3.7 million, +204% over last year’s like time period), kids 6-11 (18.2/3.9 million, +156%) and kids 2-11 (13.3/4.7 million, +118%).
- It beat direct competition by +269% with K2-11, +392% with K6-11, +530% with T9-14 and +164% among total viewers.
- “'iQuit iCarly” was basic cable’s top kids’ telecast for the week with 8.8 million total viewers (+119% in delivery over last year’s like time period).
- iCarly landed broadcast and basic cable’s top five telecasts for the week with kids 2-11, kids 6-11 and tweens 9-14.
Nickelodeon also scored a clean sweep for the week (11/30/09-12/6/09) as basic cable’s number-one network in total day with 2.4 million total viewers (+4%), a 3.9/1.4 million K2-11 (+5%), 3.5/760,000 K6-11 (+3%) and 2.7/578,000 T9-14 (+13%). Nickelodeon also drew the top 10 telecasts with tweens 9-14 with iCarly, and nine of the top 10 kids’ telecasts with total viewers, kids 6-11 and kids 2-11 (iCarly, SpongeBob SquarePants).