MTV’S PREMIERE OF “” MARKS THE HIGHEST RATED NEW SERIES LAUNCH IN OVER A YEAR
“This series continues the story of some of the characters we first saw and loved during Sixteen and Pregnant, taking us deeper into their reality of being a teenage mother,” Said Tony DiSanto, President of MTV Programming. “It’s great to build a new franchise for our brand that connects with our audience in such a big way and shines a light on such an important issue.”
- The premiere ofdelivered a 2.2 P12-34 and a total audience of over 2.1 million viewers.
- is MTV’s #1 new series of 2009 and is MTV’s highest rated series launch in over a year! (since Exiled, 2.6, in August 2008 with a high-rated Hills lead-in, 3.7)
- out delivered the series premiere of by 47% (2.2 vs 1.5).
- The premiere of Teen Mom was the #1 original cable telecast of the day among P12-34 and the #1 cable telecast of the day among F12-34.
- Teen Mom ranked #1 in its time period across all television among F12-34 and #1 across all cable competition among P12-34.
Source: Nielsen Company. As dated. Live +SD Cvg Rating/000s. Rank on 000s.