Sterling Knight Headlines Disney Channel Original Movie “Starstruck” on February 6
via press release:
STERLING KNIGHT HEADLINES “STARSTRUCK,” A MUSIC AND
ADVENTURE-FILLED DISNEY CHANNEL ORIGINAL MOVIE
PREMIERING SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 14 ON DISNEY CHANNEL
— Soundtrack Debuts Saturday, February 6 on Radio Disney and in Stores, Tuesday, February 9 —
Sterling Knight (of Disney Channel’s hit series “Sonny With A Chance”) and Danielle Campbell (“Prison Break”) star in “StarStruck,” a music and adventure-filled Disney Channel Original Movie about Hollywood pop star Christopher Wilde who, after unexpectedly meeting Jessica Olson, a down-to-earth girl visiting from the Midwest, is faced with either following his heart or doing what’s best for his glitzy career. The movie also stars Brandon Mychal Smith (“Sonny With A Chance”) and Chelsea Staub (of Disney Channel’s “JONAS”). Filmed in Los Angeles at landmark locations including Hollywood Boulevard, Sunset Boulevard, the Hollywood Sign and Grauman’s Chinese Theater, “StarStruck” premieres SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 14 (8:00 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel.
The story follows Jessica and her family as they visit her grandmother in Los Angeles, and she winds up by chance meeting Hollywood pop star Christopher Wilde. It seems that Christopher has it all – fame, fortune and a big-budget Hollywood movie awaiting him – but after spending time with Jessica, he realizes he’s been missing out on something very important – being himself. As he shows her the city sites, the pair develop a friendship, but their bond is tested when Christopher publicly denies knowing her. Now Christopher must decide what is more important– being true to himself or becoming a movie star.
Sterling Knight’s music video, “StarStruck,” makes its world premiere on Friday, January 15 on Disney Channel. The soundtrack, which also features the pop song “Make a Movie” by Radio Disney’s N.B.T. winner, 15-year-old Jasmine Sagginario, will Planet Premiere Saturday, February 6 on Radio Disney and will be in stores and at online retailers on Tuesday, February 9 from Walt Disney Records.
In anticipation of the movie, www.DisneyChannel.com invites users to upload their own photo to create a magazine cover with Christopher Wilde. The site will also feature song previews, videos and photos from the movie.
The premiere schedule is as follows:
- Friday, January 15 – “StarStruck” music video performed by Sterling Knight premieres on Disney Channel, single Planet Premieres on Radio Disney
- Saturday, January 16 -“StarStruck” music video performed by Sterling Knight available on DisneyChannel.com, Radio Disney and Disney.com
- Friday, January 29 – “Something About the Sunshine” music video premieres on Disney Channel, DisneyChannel.com, RadioDisney.com and Disney.com, single Planet Premieres on Radio Disney
- Saturday, February 6 – “StarStruck” soundtrack Planet Premiere on Radio Disney
- Sunday, February 7 – “StarStruck” preview begins on Disney Channel On Demand, a video-on-demand service available to a variety of affiliates including, Cablevision, iO Digital Cable, Time Warner and Verizon FiOS TV customers
- Tuesday, February 9 – “StarStruck” soundtrack release by Walt Disney Records
- Sunday, February 14 – (8:00 p.m. ET/PT) – “StarStruck” premiere on Disney Channel and a video simulcast on Disney Channel Mobile
Starring are Sterling Knight (“Sonny With A Chance,” “17 Again”); Danielle Campbell (“Prison Break”) as Jessica Olson; Brandon Mychal Smith (“Sonny With A Chance”) as Stubby; Maggie Castle (“The Time Traveler’s Wife”) as Sara Olson; Chelsea Staub (“JONAS,” “Minutemen”) as Alexis Bender and Dan O’Connor (“Malcolm in the Middle”) and Beth Littleford (Disney XD’s upcoming “I’m In The Band”, “Rules of Engagement”) as Dean and Barbara Olson.
“StarStruck” is directed by Michael Grossman (“90210,” “Grey’s Anatomy”); executive-produced by Doug Sloan (Disney Channel’s “Princess Protection Program,” “Minutemen”); co-executive-produced by Jeffrey Thal (“Slaves To The Underground”) and Jon Brown (“The Poseidon Adventure,” “The Tie That Binds”); choreographed by Zach Woodlee (“Glee,” “Hairspray”) and written by Barbara E. Johns and WGA-Award winning Annie DeYoung (Disney Channel’s “Princess Protection Program,” “Johnny Kapahala: Back on Board”).
Disney Channel is a 24-hour kid-driven, family inclusive television network that taps into the world of kids and families through original series and movies. Currently available on basic cable in over 98 million U.S. homes and to millions of other viewers on Disney Channels around the world, Disney Channel is part of the Disney-ABC Television Group.