Video: Conan Not Going Down Without A Fight
In Monday night’s Tonight Show, Conan took several swipes at NBC
- “Ladies and gentlemen, please! You keep that up and this monologue won’t start until 12:05.”
- “This weekend, a 6.5 earthquake hit California… the earthquake was so powerful, it knocked Jay Leno’s show from 10:00 to 11:35.” [Then he does a mocking Leno imitation.]
- “NBC announced they plan to lose $200 million on the Winter Olympics next month. Folks, is it just me, or is that story hilarious?”
Then like last Friday he reeled off some options for him rather than doing the Tonight Show at 11:35 including:
- Star in a Lifetime original movie about a woman trapped in an abusive relationship with her network.
- Go to ABC and star in a male redhead version of ‘Cougartown’ called ‘Redwolf Village’.
- Host a show on B.E.T. called ‘White All Night’.
Here’s a clip with Gary Oldman where Oldman teaches Conan how to give NBC the scary stare..
Conan wasn’t the only one getting his digs in Letterman and Craig Ferguson were in on the act too. Gawker has the video clips, plus more Conan video. The Letterman mocking of Leno, complete with Leno imitation is worth a look.