Three million viewers tuned in to last Wednesday’s episode of Leverage, which ranked as ad-supported cable’s #1 program in its 10 p.m. timeslot among adults 25-54 and men 25-54. The show’s winter episodes are currently enjoying extraordinary 22% growth among adults 18-49 when compared to this past summer.
With Live + 7 data now available for the Jan. 4 episode of TNT’s critically acclaimed hit series Men of a Certain Age, that episode grew its delivery of total viewers by 45% to 4.1 million viewers, its delivery of adults 18-49 by 62% to 1.8 million and its delivery of adults 25-54 by 55% to 2.3 million.
TNT continues to score with strong ratings for the 2009-10 NBA regular season, averaging a 1.2 national household rating, up 9% over the first 27 games of the 2008-09 NBA season (1.1 national household rating). In addition, total viewers are up 8% (1,776,000 vs. 1,643,000), and households are up 9% (1,350,000 vs. 1,236,000).
- Last week’s coverage on TNT was highlighted by a showdown between the L.A. Lakers @ Cleveland Cavaliers on Thursday, Jan. 21. It delivered a 2.5 national household rating, with 3,946,000 viewers and 2,847,000 households. The game ended with the Cavaliers defeating the Lakers 93-87.
Source: Nielsen Media Research, Live + Same Day data. NBA Regular Season on TNT through first 27 games, 10/27/09 – 01/21/10 vs. 10/28/08 – 01/22/09.
TNT and TBS’s Saturday night simulcast of the 16th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards® was watched by a combined audience of more than 4.7 million viewers, 3.5 million households, 1.9 million adults 18-49 and 2.1 million adults 25-54. Individually, TNT’s telecast was viewed by 2.7 million viewers, while TBS’s telecast garnered 2.1 million.
For the fourth week in a row, truTV ranked among ad-supported cable’s Top 10 networks in primetime delivery of adults 18-49 (636,000). This is a first for the network and a sign of its continued outstanding growth among young adults.
For the week, truTV was up an extraordinary 14% among total viewers, 17% among adults 18-34, 18% among adults 18-49, 12% among men 18-34 and 4% among men 18-49 when compared to the same week last year.
truTV’s week was sparked by several original series:
- Operation Repo (Monday, Jan. 18, 10 p.m.) was among cable’s Top 5 entertainment programs in its timeslot in delivery of total viewers (1,861,000); adults 18-49 (1,091,000); men 18-34 (277,000); men 18-49 (624,000).
- Disorder In the Court (Tuesday, Jan. 19, 10 p.m.) ranked among cable’s Top 5 entertainment programs in its timeslot in delivery of total viewers (1,746,000) and men 18-49 (507,000).
- Most Shocking (Friday, Jan. 22, 8 p.m.) was among cable’s Top 5 entertainment programs in its timeslot in delivery of men 18-34 (202,000) and men 18-49 (395,000).
Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns ranked as ad-supported cable’s top sitcom for the week among adults 18-49. The 10 p.m. episode (1,424,000) ranked first on the list, followed by the 10:30 p.m. episode (1,420,000); the 9:30 p.m. episode (1,415,000); and the 9 p.m. episode (1,271,000).
Meanwhile, The Office on Tuesday night was ad-supported cable’s top sitcom for the week among adults 18-34. The 9 p.m. episode was first (879,000), followed by the 10 p.m. episode (855,000); the 10:30 p.m. episode (838,000); and the 9:30 p.m. episode (807,000).
Since its premiere on TBS, Lopez Tonight has averaged 1.4 million viewers; 1 million households; 480,000 adults 18-34; and 870,000 adults 18-49.
- Among both adults 18-34 and 18-49, Lopez Tonight is outdelivering the season-to-date averages for The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel Live and Last Call with Carson Daly. In addition, Lopez Tonight is outdelivering the season-to-date average for Late Show with David Letterman and The Wanda Sykes Show among adults 18-34.
- Lopez Tonight has delivered double-digit growth for TBS in the 11 p.m. hour, with viewers up 28%, households up 22%, adults 18-34 up 24% and adults 18-49 up 28% when compared to the same time period for the four weeks leading up to the premiere.
- A continuing hit with multicultural viewers, Lopez Tonight’s audience is 33% Hispanic and 25% African-American.