MediaDailyNews has an item about a survey of 129 advertising and marketing execs over NBC's late night fracas. Here is the summary of the results.
Who is responsible?
- NBC Management - 94%
- Jay Leno - 5%
- Conan O'Brien - 1%
What was your original reaction to the planned Jay Leno Show?
- "I didn't think it would work, but expected NBC to stick with it anyway" - 50%
- "I thought the new schedule would probably succeed" - 27%
- "I expected something like this to happen" - 23%
What should NBC have done?
- Kept Conan O'Brien - 47%
- Kept Jay Leno - 41%
- Keep both, by backing down after Conan objected to time slot move - 12%
What did you think about Conan's response?
- "It was fully justified in view of NBC's treatment of him" - 67%
- "It was understandable, but it made Conan look bad" - 18%
- "It was unprofessional" - 15%
How will it effect NBC's late night advertising?
- It will hurt it - 44%
- No effect - 37%
- It will help it - 19% "any publicity is good publicity"