Undercover Boss Marks Biggest New Series Premiere Since 1987
already posted elsewhere as far as the number of viewers (38.6 million) but here’s the press release from CBS with some other data:
February 8, 2010
38.6 MILLION VIEWERS WATCH “UNDERCOVER BOSS”
Largest Audience Ever for a New Series Following the Super Bowl
“Undercover Boss” Also Ranks as the Most Watched Reality Series Premiere Ever
Marks Biggest New Series Premiere on Television Since 1987
CBS’s premiere of the new reality series UNDERCOVER BOSS delivered 38.6 million viewers, according to Nielsen time adjusted fast national live plus same day ratings for Sunday, Feb. 7.
UNDERCOVER BOSS (P) from 10:13-11:13PM posted a 19.0/32 with an average of 38.61m viewers, 16.6 in adults 25-54, 16.2 in adults 18-49 and 15.1 in adults 18-34.
The premiere of UNDERCOVER BOSS achieved the following historical highlights:
- The largest audience ever for a new series following the Super Bowl since the advent of people meters in 1987.
- The largest audience ever to watch the premiere episode of a reality series.
- The most watched new series premiere overall on television since “The Dolly Show” on Sept. 27, 1987 (39.47m).
- The third largest post-Super Bowl audience behind “Friends Special” on Jan. 28, 1996 and CBS’s SURVIVOR: THE AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK on Jan 28, 2001.
- The largest audience for an entertainment program this season as well as the best ratings in households, adults 25-54, adults 18-49 and adults 18-34.