Univision #2 For Night With Adults 18-34 With “Premio Lo Nuestro a la Musica Latina” Awards
via press release:
UNIVISION #2 FOR THE NIGHT AMONG ADULTS 18-34 WITH STAR-STUDDED BROADCAST OF “PREMIO LO NUESTRO A LA MUSICA LATINA” AWARDS, BEATING ABC, CBS AND FOX
Univision Stations in Los Angeles, Miami and Houston Take #1 Spot for the Night Among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34
MIAMI, FL, FEBRUARY 19, 2010 – Univision was the #2 broadcast network among Adults 18-34 last night with the star-studded broadcast of its annual “Premio Lo Nuestro a la Música Latina®” Awards, beating ABC, CBC, FOX and CW. In addition, “Premio Lo Nuestro 2010” positioned Univision as the #4 broadcast network for the night among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Women 18-49 beating FOX and CW. The 22nd edition of the Latin music gala reached 11.3 million viewers who watched some or all of the broadcast, which included performances by some of the biggest artists in the industry.
Additional Programming Highlights:
- “Premio Lo Nuestro 2010” delivered an average audience of 5.5 million Total Viewers 2+, 3.1 million Adults 18-49, 1.8 million Adults 18-34 and 2.1 million Persons 12-34.
- Univision was also the #2 broadcast network among Persons 12-34 (2,110,000), Men 18-34 (720,000), Teens 12-17 (360,000) and Kids 2-11 (560,000), beating ABC, CBS, FOX and CW.
- Among Women 18-34 (1,040,000), Univision ranked as the #3 broadcast network, beating CBS, FOX and CW; and among Men 18-49 (1,290,000) beating ABC, FOX and CW.
- The awards gala on Univision attracted nearly seven to eight times more Total Viewers 2+ (5,540,000 vs. 713,000), Adults 18-49 (3,090,000 vs. 417,000), Adults 18-34 (1,760,000 vs. 253,000) and Persons 12-34 (2,110,000 vs. 311,000) than Telemundo’s entire broadcast prime time line-up.
Source: The Nielsen Company, NPM (02/18/2010). Univision’s “Premio Lo Nuestro 2010” telecast based on NPM Fast National Ratings 8:00pm-11:09pm and English-language broadcast networks and Telemundo based on NPM Fast Affiliate Ratings 8:00pm-11:00pm. Reach based NPM Fast Cume on Persons 2+, 6+ minute qualified audience. Live+SD
Local Market Highlights:
- “Premio Lo Nuestro” was the #1 program in primetime among:
- Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34, Women 18-49 , Women 18-34, and Persons 12-34 in Los Angeles, Miami and Houston
- Teens 12-17 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston and Sacramento
- It was the #2 program in primetime among:
- Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles, New York, Houston, Dallas and Sacramento
- Adults 18-49 in New York, Dallas, Phoenix and Sacramento
- Adults 18-34 in New York, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix, San Francisco and Sacramento
Source: The Nielsen Company, NSI Ratings (2/18/2010) “Premio Lo Nuestro” aired from 8:00pm-11:09pm Eastern & Pacific Time/7:00-10:09pm Central; time period data based on 8:00pm-11:00pm Eastern & Pacific Time/7:00-10:00pm Central. Live+SD.