2% of Red Sox Fans Hated The Yankees Less During The Winter Olympics, and Other Faux Cultural Phenomena
As Robert noted yesterday, NBC’s daily Winter Olympics press release contained all sorts of wacky numbers from a survey sponsored by NBC.
THE OLYMPICS IS A HUGE CULTURAL EVENT
· 46% of Olympic viewers changed their typical routine to watch the Olympics.
· 34% delayed doing laundry or other household chores – including paying bills – in order to watch the Olympics.
· 59% said they didn’t watch some of their “regular shows” in order to watch the Olympics
· 35% of viewers cried or became teary-eyed while watching (25% among men)
· 66% of viewers cheered aloud while watching the Olympics
· 63% stayed up longer than usual to watch, resulting in 42% being “more tired than normal.”
· 42% of viewers said the Olympic sport they would most like to try is bobsled
(Source: Research Results)
On an admittedly slow Friday in TV numbers land, I thought we might have fun proposing our own (fake!) Winter Olympics cultural event statistics.
- 2% of Red Sox fans hated the Yankees at least a little bit less during the Olympics
- 37% of Toyota owners worried less about their brakes during the Olympics
- 24% of viewers forgot to feed their dog during the 2 weeks of the Olympics
Go for it.