via press release:
truTV Records Biggest Quarter Ever, Joins Ad-Supported Cable’s Top 10
truTV is on track to score its best quarter ever among key adult and male demos. truTV, which now ranks as one of ad-supported cable’s Top 10 networks in primetime delivery of adults and men 18-49, has amassed a number of network bests this quarter, including its biggest month, biggest day and biggest telecast ever.
“In just the third year since rebranding the network, truTV has reached incredible heights,” said Marc Juris, executive vice president and general manager, truTV/In Session. “With exciting original series like, , The Smoking Gun Presents, It Only Hurts When I Laugh and the mega-hit , truTV is delivering more of its targeted viewers than ever before and staking its claim among ad-supported cable’s Top 10 networks.”
truTV ratings highlights for first quarter 2010:
- truTV continues to build on an incredible string of successes, with Q1 2010 on track to be the network’s most-watched quarter ever among adults 18-34 (268,000); adults 18-49 (608,000); men 18-34 (144,000); and men 18-49 (332,000).
- truTV ranks among ad-supported cable’s Top 10 networks for the quarter-to-date in primetime delivery of adults 18-49, rising from 17th place compared to the same period a year ago. The network will also rank in the Top 10 among men 18-49 in primetime, rising from 12th place in Q1 2009.
- In Q1 2010, truTV boasts 25 telecasts that delivered more than 1 million adults 18-49. By comparison, the network had one such telecast in Q1 2009.
- truTV is enjoying superb primetime growth when compared to Q1 2009, with total viewers up 11%, adults 18-34 up 18%, adults 18-49 up 17%, men 18-34 up 23% and men 18-49 up 17%. In men 18-49, truTV has enjoyed 19 consecutive quarters of growth.
- truTV has delivered outstanding growth since its January 2008 rebrand, with adults 18-49 up 16% and men 18-49 up 22% compared to Q1 2008. In addition, the network’s median age has dropped 5 years.
- Q1 2010 has been packed with network records for truTV, which delivered its best weeks ever (week of Jan. 21 among viewers and week of Dec. 28 among adults 18-49 and men 18-49) and its best night ever (Jan. 4 among viewers, adults 18-49 and men 18-49).
- truTV’s breakthrough hit has claimed several single-telecasts records for truTV. On Monday, March 15, at 10 p.m., it scored the network’s biggest audience of total viewers (2,421,000), marking the third time the series has set new marks this year. ’s Monday, Feb. 22, 10 p.m. episode ranks as truTV’s biggest telecast ever in delivery of adults 18-49 (1,401,000) and men 18-49 (837,000).
- The Smoking Gun Presents: World’s Dumbest… has become another big hit for truTV. On Thursday, March 11, and Thursday, March 18, at 9 p.m., the show ranked as cable’s #1 entertainment program in its timeslot with men 18-49. truTV’s other hit series for quarter include It Only Hurts When I Laugh and with Jesse Ventura.
truTV is television’s destination for real-life stories told from an exciting and dramatic first-person perspective. Currently seen in 91 million U.S. households, the network is enjoying its best deliveries ever in key demographics. truTV features high-stakes, action-packed originals that give viewers access to places and situations they can’t normally experience. truTV’s primetime fan favorites include the original series, , The Smoking Gun Presents… and Forensic Files. During the daytime, the channel features expert trial coverage under the name In Session.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.