via press release:
TLC and Discovery Communications' Emerging Networks Ratings Soar in 1Q10
-- 15 TLC Programs Delivering 1M Plus Total Viewers --
-- Investigation Discovery, Science Channel and Military Channel Each Score Best Rated Quarter Ever --
March 30, 2010
(Silver Spring, Md.) Driven by new and long-running series, including Little People Big World, Hoarding: Buried Alive, Cake Boss, LA Ink and What Not to Wear,TLC has 15 programs averaging more than 1M P2+, 11 of which are averaging more than 1.3M. TLC is also a top ten network for women, and has once again posted solid growth (1Q10 vs. 1Q09):
P2+ +9% (1.1M vs. 970k)
P25-54 +9% (511k vs. 469k)
W25-54 +7% (338k vs. 315k)
W18-49 +4% (355k vs. 341k)
P18-49 +6% (526k vs. 497k)
- March marked 11 straight months of month-over-month gains in P2+, P 25-54/18-49 and W18-49.
- Best 1Q in 5 years in P2+, P 18-49/18-34, W 25-54/18-49/18-34.
Fueled by new and returning series and specials, Discovery Communications' Emerging Networks each experienced their best quarter ever. In addition, Investigation Discovery (ID), Science Channel and Military Channel posted double-digit delivery increases in all respective key demos.
Individual network claims are referenced below:
ID delivered its best quarter ever in HH, P2+, P/W 25-54 and P18-49, and continues to post significant double-digit increases (1Q10 vs. 1Q09):
P2+ +54% (355k vs. 230k)
P25-54 +57% (181k vs. 115k)
W25-54 +65% (109k vs. 66k)
M25-54 +44% (72k vs. 50k)
P18-49 +58% (145k vs. 92k)
W18-49 +64% (87k vs. 53k)
HH +60% (283k vs. 177k)
- March marked 26 straight months of year-over-year gains in HH;
- Fastest growing cable network in HH, P2+, P/W25-54 and P/W 18-49 (excluding sports);
- Top series were original premieres of I (Almost) Got Away With It, Disappeared and On the Case with Paula Zahn averaging 79%, 66% and 42% respectively above the 1Q10 prime average in P25-54;
- I (Almost) Got Away With It (3/16) is ID's best telecast ever in P25-54 (417k), besting fully-distributed networks A&E, E!, AMC, WE, Lifetime, National Geographic Channel (NGC), VH1, Hallmark, HLN, CNN and MSNBC. Disappeared garnered the same milestone (2/15) in P2+ (670k), W25-54 (254k) and W18-49 (220k), beating Bravo, NGC, Lifetime, Hallmark, MSNBC, CNN, Lifetime Movie Network, AMC, Oxygen and We in P25-54.
Science Channel experienced its best quarter ever in P2+, HH, P/M/W 25-54 and 18-49, posting double-digit gains in all key demos (1Q10 vs. 1Q09):
P2+ +14% (230k vs. 201k)
P25-54 +11% (109k vs. 98k)
M25-54 +11% (72k vs. 65k)
P18-49 +10% (96k vs. 87k)
HH +16% (172k vs. 148k)
- March marked 7 straight months of month-over-month growth in M25-54;
- Original series premiere averages of How It's Made, Meteorite Men and Mantracker are posting double-digit gains vs. the 1Q10 prime average P/M 25-54 and 18-49.
Military Channel garnered its best quarter ever in P2+, HH, P/W/M 25-54 and 18-49, posting strong double-digit gains in all key demos (1Q10 vs. 1Q09):
P2+ +41% (174k vs. 123k)
P25-54 +28% (73k vs. 57k)
M25-54 +27% (57k vs. 45k)
P18-49 +21% (57k vs. 47k)
M18-49 +13% (43k vs. 38k)
HH +36% (140k vs. 103k)
- Original series premieres of World at War and CIA Secrets are posting double-digits vs. 1Q10 prime average in P2+, HH, P/M 25-54 and P/M/W 18-49.
All 1Q10 Data Based on Primetime Delivery