via press release:
JOIN THE CLUB! “GLEEK WEEK” KICKS OFF TODAY ON FOX
Fan Initiatives Celebrate Return ofTuesday, April 13
“GLEEk Week,” a week of special initiatives for GLEEks, kicks off today and begins the official countdown to the too-big-to-miss spring premiere of Tuesday, April 13 (9:28-10:30 PM ET/PT) following on FOX. The marketing campaign features special initiatives to get fans involved in the experience, including an online-exclusive trailer featuring interactive fan elements, broadcast promotions, an open casting call and exclusive premiere screenings.airing at a special time
Highlights of “GLEEk Week” include:
- A new innovative social trailer that allows fans to connect with their favorite www.fox.com/glee beginning Monday, April 5. characters on Facebook while watching the promo for the series will be available at
- Fan-favorite characters from will introduce each night telling viewers what's on FOX that evening; and viewers should watch FOX programming closely thoughout the week to catch all of the special -themed FOX Frames that feature Sue Sylvester and other characters. Additionally, original cast interviews and content pieces will available online at fox.com.
- GLEEks are encouraged to show their glee all week long on their social networking pages by changing their avatars to pictures of themselves posing with www.facebook.com/glee – along with new photos starting Monday, April 5. Additionally, GLEE themed Facebook “gifts” will be available for free so keep an eye out for trophies and try to avoid slushies from your fellow GLEEks. ’s signature loser "L." For GLEEks who need help with their Facebook page updates, status quotes from McKinley High’s crew – including Sue Sylvester and Kurt Hummel – will available on the Facebook fan page –
- GLEEks can go to fox.com beginning Wednesday, April 7 to recreate the fun of a real photo booth by “posing” with their favorite characters from the show and uploading the photos to Facebook to share with friends and family.
- On Wednesday, April 7, the cast of GLEE will be on “The Oprah Winfrey Show” for a fun-filled hour of behind-the-scenes secrets, revealing interviews, unseen backstage moments and a show-stopping performance.
- Los Angeles residents will get a special treat on Saturday, April 10 when GLEE takes over The Grove with a free outdoor screening of the spring premiere episode and the debut of the GLEE fountain show. GLEE fans can also find additional screenings in select markets.
- And coming soon – the GLEE app for iPhone, iPod www.fox.com/glee. and iPad! You can still be part of the club, even if you aren’t on the show! Sing along to your favorite GLEE songs (from the actual soundtrack), record your voice and share it with your friends. Sign up now for more information at
- MySpace users who log into their personal homepages on Tuesday, April 13 will see a first-ever animated takeover where Rachel becomes their profile picture and Sue pops out to shout a tune-in message about the show’s premiere that night, all while blowing parts of the page away.
Also, amateur and professional performers still have the opportunity to submit an audition video for the GLEE open casting call at www.myspace.com/gleeauditions. The GLEE auditions MySpace page already has more than 1,000,000 friends. Local FOX affiliates are holding contests in conjunction with the nationwide search. To find out if one is being conducted in your area, please check your local FOX affiliate website. Restrictions apply; see full rules for details online.
GLEE follows an optimistic teacher who – against all odds and a malicious cheerleading coach – inspires McKinley High’s Glee Club to conquer the world one singing competition at a time. GLEE stars Dianna Agron, Chris Colfer, Jessalyn Gilsig, Jane Lynch, Jayma Mays, Kevin McHale, Lea Michele, Cory Monteith, Matthew Morrison, Amber Riley, Mark Salling and Jenna Ushkowitz.
GLEE is produced by Ryan Murphy Television in association with 20th Century Fox Television. Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan are co-creators of the series. Murphy, Falchuk and Dante Di Loreto serve as executive producers, while Ian Brennan serves as co-executive producer