via press release:
Season Finale Scores 2.3 P12-34 Rating And Garners Over 2.5 Million Total Viewers
- finale was the #1 cable telecast of the day among P12-34 and F12-34.
- In the 10PM hour, was #1 across all TV including broadcast among F12-34.
- 16 & Pregnant finale averaged a 2.3 P12-34 and 2.5 million total viewers, +21% and +19% over last season’s finale, respectively. It also averaged a 3.7 F12-34, +19% versus last season’s finale.
- The full season averaged a 2.3 P12-34 and 2.4 million total viewers. +44% and +41% versus last season, respectively. F12-34 averaged a 3.7 , +48% better than last season.
- The Life After Labor special averaged a 2.1 P12-34 rating and 2.3 million total viewers.
- Life After Labor was #1 in its time period across all television competition among P12-34 and F12-34.
Source: Nielsen. 4/20/10 or as dated. L+SD Cvg Rating/000s. Rank on 000s.
MTV is the dynamic, vibrant experiment at the intersection of music, creativity and youth culture. For over 28 years, MTV has evolved, challenged the norm, and detonated boundaries -- giving each new generation a creative outlet and voice that entertains, informs and unites on every platform and screen. On-air, MTV is the number one rated full-day ad-supported cable network for P12-24 and P12-34. Online, MTV.com averaged 24.5 million monthly unique visitors during the first quarter of 2010 -- up +8% from Q4/2009 and up +13% year-over-year. Average video streams for the first quarter of 2010 increased +8% from the Q4/2009 and is up +6% over the same time period last year. And MTV’s successful sibling networks MTV2 and mtvU each deliver unprecedented customized content, super-serving young males, music fans, and college students like no one else. MTV is part of MTV Networks, a unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms.