Game 6 of Capitals vs. Canadiens Delivers Highest-Rated Capitals Playoff in Local DC Comcast SportsNet History
CAPITALS PLAYOFFS ON COMCAST SPORTSNET RATINGS NOTES:
Game 6 Delivers Highest-Rated Capitals Playoff Game in Comcast SportsNet History
- Comcast SportsNet’s coverage of Game 6 of the Capitals first-round playoff series against Montreal on Monday, April 26, earned an average 5.6 household rating in the Washington market, surpassing Game 7 of the 2009 Eastern Conference Semifinals vs. Pittsburgh (5.5) as the highest-rated Capitals playoff game in network history.
- In the Washington market, the record-setting 5.6 average household rating represents approximately 131,000 households. When combined with the average household rating in the Baltimore market (2.7) for Game 6, the broadcast earned an average audience of approximately 164,000 households.
- The game attracted peak viewership between 8:30 and 8:45pm, delivering a 7.1 household rating in Washington and a 3.7 household rating in Baltimore during that quarter-hour, equating to approximately 210,000 combined households.
- In the key Men 25-54 demographic, Comcast SportsNet delivered an average 7.1 rating in the Washington market and earned a 9.3 peak rating in that category during the mid-point of the game. The 7.1 rating is a 10 percent increase on the previous all-time high in that demographic, which was set in both Game 6 and Game 7 of the 2009 Eastern Conference Semifinals vs. Pittsburgh (6.5).
- During their coverage of Game 6, Comcast SportsNet was the most-watched television station in the Washington market in several key demographics, including Men 18-49 and Men 25-54.
- With the record ratings posted for Game 6, five of the ten highest-rated Capitals playoff games in Comcast SportsNet history have occurred during this year’s first-round match-up versus Montreal.
- Through the first six games of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals, Comcast SportsNet has earned an average household rating of 4.9 in the Washington market, which is an increase of more than 63 percent compared to the first six games of the network’s coverage of the 2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs (3.0). This season’s first round currently stands as the highest-rated Capitals playoff series in network history.
- CSNwashington.com’s coverage of the Capitals has also earned increased viewers since the beginning of the 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs. Since Game 1 (April 15) of the first-round series against the Canadiens, the site has earned an increase of nearly 40 percent in unique visitors, with overall visitors and page-views up more than 37 percent and 32 percent, respectively, compared to the previous 13 day-period (April 2 to 14). Compared to the same time-period last year, the network’s website has generated a 264 percent growth in unique visitors and a 210 percent jump in page-views.
CAPITALS 2010 PLAYOFFS – ROUND ONE (MTL)
Game WSH HH PEAK M 25-54 A 25-54 BAL HH PEAK
Game 1 5.1 7.4 5.9 4.1 2.1 3.2
Game 2 4.4 6.1 4.7 3.4 2.3 3.2
Game 3 5.1 6.4 5.3 4.3 1.7 2.9
Game 4 5.3 7.0 6.2 4.4 1.8 2.7
Game 5 3.8 6.2 4.1 2.5 1.6 2.4
Game 6 5.6 7.1 7.1 5.1 2.7 3.5
AVG. 4.9 – 5.6 4.0 2.0 –