“Good Morning America” Cuts the Total Viewing Gap with NBC by 17% Year to Year

Categories: Morning News TV Ratings,Network TV Press Releases

Written By

April 29th, 2010

via press release:

“GMA” Posts Best Demo Numbers in Over a Month

“GMA” Cuts the Total Viewing Gap with NBC by 17% Year to Year

GMA” Extends its Viewing Advantages Over CBS Year to Year

in Both Adults 25-54 and Total Viewers

For the week of April 19, ABC’s “Good Morning America” averaged 4.430 million Total Viewers and a 1.4/10 in Adults 25-54, the program’s best Adult 25-54 Demo number in over a month.

“GMA” significantly reduced the Total Viewing gap with NBC’s “Today,” cutting it by 17% compared to this week last year. It also once again posted large Demo and Total Viewing leads over CBS’ “Early Show” versus the same week last year: ABC’s Demo lead over “Early Show” was +31% larger, while the Total Viewing lead was +33% larger.

The first 19 weeks of “GMA’s” new anchor team continues to outperform its season-to-date average.  The program is up +2% (+40,000) among Adults 25-54 and +2% (+80,000) among Total Viewers. For those 19 weeks, the Demo (720,000) and Total Viewing gaps (1,160,000) between ABC and NBC are smaller by -1% and -5%, respectively, compared to the season-to-date gap. Additionally, “GMA’s” Demo (730,000) and Total Viewing (1,740,000) leads over the “Early Show” are up +6% versus season to date.

The Emmy Award-winning morning news program, featuring the anchor team of Robin Roberts, George Stephanopoulos, Sam Champion and Juju Chang, airs live Monday through Friday from 7:00-9:00 a.m. ET on the ABC Television Network. Jim Murphy is the senior executive producer and Tom Cibrowski is the executive producer of ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

Please note: Robin Roberts was on assignment Thursday and Friday. George Stephanopoulos broadcasted from Washington, D.C. Thursday 4/22/10.

MORNING NEWS (Week of April 19, 2010)

Total Viewers Adults 25-54 Households

ABC              4,430,000     1.4/10; 1,790,000     3.3/13

NBC              5,370,000     2.0/15; 2,520,000     4.1/15

CBS              2,450,000      .9/6; 1,070,000      1.8/7

Source: The Nielsen Company, NTI (Total Viewers and Adults 25-54) Live + SD weeks of 4/19/10, 4/20/09.  New Team:  Live +7 (where available) and Live +SD: 12/14/09-4/25/10.  STD Live +7 (where available) and Live +SD 9/21/09-4/25/10

 
© 2014 Tribune Digital Ventures