via press release:
Get a taste of TLC this summer
The following join BEST FOOD EVER and CHOCOLATE WARS, which are already airing, and the upcoming season of BBQ PITMASTERS.
- CAKE BOSS season 3 premiere May 31 at 9 PM. This season of CAKE BOSS, viewers can expect more mouth-watering desserts and not-to-be-missed Valastro family moments, including a trip to Italy. Carlo's Bakery is also celebrating its 100th anniversary with an open-to-the-public block party on June 19th, the culmination of a weeklong series of events in Hoboken to commemorate the event.
- MEGA BITES (new special) premieres June 7 at 10 PM. It takes more than a big appetite to create food that can be classified as the "world's largest." From perfecting the recipe to engineering ingenuity, constructing building-sized snacks captures the imagination and can motivate the masses. TLC gets in the mix when chef Brian Malarkey, food scientist Todd Menaker, and engineer Scott Stukel tackle the creation of the world's largest Rice Krispies Treat as a fundraiser for the community of La Canada Flintridge.
- FOOD BUDDHA (new special) premieres June 14 at 10 PM. In each of the two half-hour episodes, Chef Rodelio Aglibot visits three restaurants in a single city and orders "OOE" - one of each - from the menu. Along with a local food guide, he will take a culinary journey through the restaurant's culinary offerings, sampling everything and learning the chef's personal story. Finally, full and inspired, the Buddha returns to his own restaurant, Chicago's Sunda, to create a brand-new dish.
- INEDIBLE TO INCREDIBLE (new series) premieres June 21 at 10 PM. It's the WHAT NOT TO WEAR for at-home cooks: friends who are lacking skills in the kitchen are nominated by friends and family for an overhaul of their kitchen skills. Chef John Besh helps guide a step-by-step recipe rehab and turns the struggling cook into a master of meal making.
- CUPCAKE DREAMS (wt) (new series) premieres July 16 at 10 PM. The six episode series follows sisters and business partners Sophie LaMontagne and Katherine Kallinis as they run Georgetown Cupcake in Washington, DC--a small cupcake shop that they have transformed into a sweet success.