via press release:
NOMINATIONS ANNOUNCED TODAY FOR "THE 37TH ANNUAL DAYTIME EMMY(R) AWARDS"
Nominees in Major Categories Announced Live This Morning on CBS News' "The Early Show" by Travis Stork of "The Doctors,"
Which Was Nominated for "Outstanding Talk Show - Informative," and "One Life to Live" Star Bree Williamson
Awards to Be Broadcast Live from Las Vegas, Sunday, June 27 on the CBS Television Network
CBS Dominates with Four Out of Five Outstanding Lead Actor Nominations and Three Out of Five Outstanding Lead Actress Nods
Agnes Nixon to Receive Lifetime Achievement Award
Nominations were announced today for THE 37TH ANNUAL DAYTIME EMMY® AWARDS, with nominees in many major categories announced live this morning on CBS News' "The Early Show" by Travis Stork of the syndicated daytime series "The Doctors," which received a nomination for "Outstanding Talk Show - Informative," and actress Bree Williamson from "One Life to Live."
THE 37TH ANNUAL DAYTIME EMMY AWARDS will be broadcast live from the Las Vegas Hilton in Las Vegas, Sunday, June 27 (9:00-11:00 PM live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network, the first time the awards ceremony will take place in Las Vegas.
CBS's "The Young and the Restless" and "The Bold and the Beautiful" both received nods for Outstanding Drama Series, while "The Price is Right," the longest-running game show in television history, received a nomination for Outstanding Game/Audience Participation Show. In addition Wayne Brady was nominated as Outstanding Game Show Host for his work on the Network's new "Let's Make a Deal."
Agnes Nixon, the grand dame of the daytime serial drama who created the series "All My Children" and "One Life to Live," will be the recipient of this year's Lifetime Achievement Award.
Following is the list of categories and nominees announced this morning on "The Early Show:"
OUTSTANDING DAYTIME DRAMA SERIES
- "The Bold and the Beautiful" CBS
- "The Young and the Restless" CBS
- "General Hospital" ABC
- "All My Children" ABC
OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
- Crystal Chappell, as Olivia Spencer "Guiding Light," CBS
- Michelle Stafford, as Phyllis Newman "The Young and the Restless," CBS
- Maura West, as Carly Tenney "As the World Turns," CBS
- Sarah Brown, as Claudia Zacchara Corinthos "General Hospital," ABC
- Bobbie Eakes, as Krystal Carey "All My Children," ABC
OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
- Peter Bergman, as Jack Abbott "The Young and the Restless," CBS
- Jon Lindstrom, as Craig Montgomery "As the World Turns," CBS
- Michael Park, as Jack Snyder "As the World Turns, CBS
- Doug Davidson, as Paul Williams "The Young and the Restless," CBS
- James Scott, as E.J. DiMera "Days of Our Lives," NBC
OUTSTANDING TALK SHOW -- ENTERTAINMENT
- "Rachael Ray" Syndicated
- "Live With Regis and Kelly" Syndicated
- "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" Syndicated
OUTSTANDING TALK SHOW - INFORMATIVE
- "Dr. Phil" Syndicated
- "The Doctors" Syndicated
- "The Dr. Oz Show" Syndicated
OUTSTANDING TALK SHOW HOST
- Rachael Ray - "Rachael Ray" Syndicated
- Bonnie Hunt - "The Bonnie Hunt Show" Syndicated
- Dr. Mehmet Oz - "The Dr. Oz Show" Syndicated
- Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa - "Live With Regis and Kelly" Syndicated
- Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Sherri Shepherd, Barbara Walters - "The View" ABC
LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
- Agnes Nixon
A complete list of nominees, tabulated by the independent accounting firm Luz & Carr, is available athttp://www.emmyonline.tv/.
Associated Television International (ATI) will produce the show with ATI President and Emmy award-winning producer David McKenzie serving as executive producer.
The Daytime Emmy Awards recognize outstanding achievement in all fields of daytime television production and are presented to individuals and programs broadcast from 2:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. during the 2009 calendar year. THE 37THANNUAL DAYTIME EMMY AWARDS is a presentation of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences in cooperation with the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. The Las Vegas Hilton is the official hotel of the Daytime Emmy Awards. American Airlines is the official airline.
The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS) is a professional service organization dedicated to the advancement of the arts and sciences of television and the promotion of creative leadership for artistic, educational and technical achievements within the television industry. It recognizes excellence in television with the coveted Emmy®Award for News & Documentary, Sports, Daytime Entertainment, Daytime Creative Arts & Entertainment, Public & Community Service, Technology & Engineering, and Business & Financial Reporting. Regional Emmy® Awards are given in 19 regions across the United States. NATAS also presents the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Global Media AwardsTM which recognizes excellence in the world-wide intersection of digital entertainment and technology. Beyond awards, NATAS has extensive educational programs including National Student Television and its Student Award for Excellence for outstanding journalistic work by high school students, as well as scholarships, publications, and major activities for both industry professionals and the viewing public. For more information, please visit the website at http://www.emmyonline.tv/.