CBS 2010 Fall Schedule vs. 2009 Fall Schedule By The Numbers
Compared to 2009 CBS is debuting the same number of new shows, and a half hour less new show time, but their many schedule changes have the TV media abuzz.
Here is a look at CBS’s Fall 2010 Schedule vs. its Fall 2009 Schedule by the Numbers.
2010 (5 shows, 4 hours): Mike & Molly (0.5 hr), Hawaii: Five-O (1 hour), The Defenders (1 hour), $#*! My Dad Says (o.5 hr), Blue Bloods (1 hr).
2009 (5 shows, 4.5 hours): Accidentally On Purpose (1/2 hour), NCIS: Los Angeles (1 hour), The Good Wife (1 hour), Medium (1 hour), Three Rivers (1 hour).
Unscripted Shows, Scheduled Repeats
2010 (7 hours): Survivor (1 hour), 48 Hours Mystery (1 hour), 60 Minutes (1 hour), The Amazing Race (1 hour), Crimetime Saturday (2 hours), Undercover Boss ( 1 hour).
2009 (6 hours): Survivor (1 hour), 48 Hours Mystery (1 hour), 60 Minutes (1 hour), The Amazing Race (1 hour), Crimetime Saturday (2 hours).
- After making few big moves the last several seasons, CBS juggled its schedule around quite a bit. Will they be judged geniuses or fools? At this point, I wouldn’t hazard a guess which.
- They finally got tired of trying to establish a ‘comedy block’ on Wednesday and canceled all the shows involved from the past several seasons. They then moved their top rated comedy (Big Bang Theory) to Thursday 8pm to try again on another night.
- After the conventional wisdom had decided that CSI was certain to change timeslots, it became the only one of the three CSI’s not to change.
- We’re now 4 for 4 broadcast networks putting new 1 hour dramas on Friday. Color me surprised.
- CBS’ weakest night has been Sunday, they’re making a big move to change that. Bringing Undercover Boss in the fall, and moving CSI:Miami instead of debuting a new show.
- Like Fox, but unlike ABC, all their new shows will have strong lead ins, except (directly) Hawaii: Five-O on Monday.
- Maybe I’m missing something, but is the Criminal Minds spinoff the only show announced for mid-season?
- Raise your hands, who’d have guessed that CBS would be the only network to increase its reality programming time?
|Day / Time||Fall 2009||Fall 2010|
|8-8:30p||HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER||HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER|
|8:30-9p||ACCIDENTALLY ON PURPOSE||RULES OF ENGAGEMENT|
|9-9:30p||TWO AND A HALF MEN||TWO AND A HALF MEN|
|9:30-10p||THE BIG BANG THEORY||MIKE & MOLLY|
|10-11p||CSI: MIAMI||HAWAII: FIVE-O|
|9-10p||NCIS: LOS ANGELES||NCIS: LOS ANGELES|
|10-11p||THE GOOD WIFE||THE GOOD WIFE|
|8-8:30p||NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE||SURVIVOR (8-9p)|
|9-10p||CRIMINAL MINDS||CRIMINAL MINDS|
|8-8:30p||SURVIVOR (8-9p)||BIG BANG THEORY|
|8:30-9p||$#*! MY DAD SAYS|
|10-11p||THE MENTALIST||THE MENTALIST|
|8-9p||CRIMETIME SATURDAY RERUNS||CRIMETIME SATURDAY RERUNS|
|9-10p||CRIMETIME SATURDAY RERUNS||CRIMETIME SATURDAY RERUNS|
|10-11p||48 HOURS MYSTERY||48 HOURS MYSTERY|
|7-8p||60 MINUTES||60 MINUTES|
|8-9p||THE AMAZING RACE||THE AMAZING RACE|
|9-10p||THREE RIVERS||UNDERCOVER BOSS|
|10-11p||COLD CASE||CSI: MIAMI|
Shows in BOLD are/were new, shows in italics are unscripted/scheduled repeats, 2009 shows in strikethrough did not return.
The shows scheduled to premiere in mid-season or later are: Criminal Minds spinoff
It’s not worth the time to compare mid-season schedules. Changes are almost certain between now and January.