Compared to 2009 CBS is debuting the same number of new shows, and a half hour less new show time, but their many schedule changes have the TV media abuzz.
Here is a look at CBS's Fall 2010 Schedule vs. its Fall 2009 Schedule by the Numbers.
2010 (5 shows, 4 hours): Mike &(0.5 hr), Hawaii: Five-O (1 hour), (1 hour), $#*! (o.5 hr), (1 hr).
2009 (5 shows, 4.5 hours): Accidentally On Purpose (1/2 hour),: Los Angeles (1 hour), The (1 hour), Medium (1 hour), Three Rivers (1 hour).
Unscripted Shows, Scheduled Repeats
2010 (7 hours):(1 hour), (1 hour), (1 hour), The (1 hour), Crimetime Saturday (2 hours), ( 1 hour).
2009 (6 hours): (1 hour), (1 hour), (1 hour), The (1 hour), Crimetime Saturday (2 hours).
- After making few big moves the last several seasons, CBS juggled its schedule around quite a bit. Will they be judged geniuses or fools? At this point, I wouldn't hazard a guess which.
- They finally got tired of trying to establish a 'comedy block' on Wednesday and canceled all the shows involved from the past several seasons. They then moved their top rated comedy ( ) to Thursday 8pm to try again on another night.
- After the conventional wisdom had decided that was certain to change timeslots, it became the only one of the three 's not to change.
- We're now 4 for 4 broadcast networks putting new 1 hour dramas on Friday. Color me surprised.
- CBS' weakest night has been Sunday, they're making a big move to change that. Bringing in the fall, and moving :Miami instead of debuting a new show.
- Like Fox, but unlike ABC, all their new shows will have strong lead ins, except (directly) Hawaii: Five-O on Monday.
- Maybe I'm missing something, but is the spinoff the only show announced for mid-season?
- Raise your hands, who'd have guessed that CBS would be the only network to increase its reality programming time?
|Day / Time||Fall 2009||Fall 2010|
|8:30-9p||ACCIDENTALLY ON PURPOSE|
|9:30-10p||MIKE & MOLLY|
|10-11p||: MIAMI||HAWAII: FIVE-O|
|9-10p||: LOS ANGELES||: LOS ANGELES|
|8-8:30p||NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE||SURVIVOR (8-9p)|
|8:30-9p||$#*! MY DAD SAYS|
|8-9p||CRIMETIME SATURDAY RERUNS||CRIMETIME SATURDAY RERUNS|
|9-10p||CRIMETIME SATURDAY RERUNS||CRIMETIME SATURDAY RERUNS|
|10-11p||COLD CASE||CSI: MIAMI|
Shows in BOLD are/were new, shows in italics are unscripted/scheduled repeats, 2009 shows in strikethrough did not return.
The shows scheduled to premiere in mid-season or later are:spinoff
It's not worth the time to compare mid-season schedules. Changes are almost certain between now and January.