Today and tomorrow, I’ll be recapping this season’s predictions in my Renew / Cancel Index in separate posts for each network. Wednesday, I’ll have a post showing how the methods I’m going to use next season would have worked (and improved things) this season.
While Robert and I made our final predictions for the CBS shows two weeks ago, everybody in the TV media does that. With the Renew / Cancel Index, I make predictions after a single episode airs!
- Miami Medical: Predicted canceled after second episode.
- Cold Case: Predicted canceled after first episode.
- Three Rivers: Predicted canceled after first episode.
- Numb3rs: Predicted renewed after first episode, predicted in danger (11/3/09), predicted canceled (3/16/10), back to in danger (4/27/10)
- Accidentally On Purpose: Predicted renewed after first episode, predicted in danger (11/18/09), CBS canceled
- Ghost Whisperer: Predicted renewed after first episode, predicted in danger (4/27/10), CBS canceled
- Medium: Predicted in danger most of the entire season, CBS renewed
- Good Wife: Predicted renewed after first episode, predicted in danger (11/3/09), CBS renewed
- Old Christine, Gary Unmarried: Predicted in danger the entire season, CBS canceled
- CSI:NY, CSI:Miami, CSI, Criminal Minds, Rules of Engagement, How I Met Your Mother, NCIS, NCIS:LA, The Mentalist, Two and A Half Men, Big Bang Theory : Predicted renewed after first episode.
Having CBS cancel two of its original fall Friday shows (Numb3rs, Ghost Whisperer) was the only big surprise this season. The abandonment of their Old Christine, Gary Unmarried Wednesday comedy block was a surprise only in the timing. While I expected it last season, I wouldn’t have been surprised if it happened next season!
Of course in hindsight it all seems so obvious, but you may wish to amuse yourself with all the fan excuses/complaints/wails in all the original posts.
While I hyperlinked lots of the dates in the ABC post, it got to be too much of a pain to continue with all of them. You can find all the posts at the link below.