Syndicated Television: Where Young Adults Still Watch TV?
According to the SNTA (granted, an association whose only reason for existence is to promote syndicated television) syndie is the place to be, especially for advertisers who want to reach younger adult audiences.
Some highlights from its latest report: Young Adults: TV’s Age of Opportunity:
- Syndication delivers young adult opinion leaders shopping for soft drinks/candy, technology, fashion, mobile, and particularly important to marketers as summer “officially” begins this weekend: those enjoying a night out at the movies, purchasing home videos or eating out.
- Syndie has more higher rated telecasts than first-run cable (i.e. “South Park,” “The Hills,” “Meet the Browns”)
- Syndie has more top 10 shows than Network and Cable each weekday
- Syndie’s sitcoms have reach comparable to all of Network Prime combined
- Syndication is watched “live” more than Network among young adults with DVR’s (40%)
Read the full report (PDF file.)