via press release:
IT'S OFFICIAL! CBS WINS THE 2009-2010 SEASON IN VIEWERS
CBS is America's Most Watched Network for the Seventh Time in Eight Years
Network Also Places First in Adults 25-54 and Second in Adults 18-49
CBS Has the Season's Top Three New Programs-"Undercover Boss,"
"NCIS: Los Angeles" and "The Good Wife"
"NCIS" is the Number One Scripted Program in Viewers
"The Big Bang Theory" is the Number One Scripted Series in Adults 18-49
CBS Has More Time Period Winning Programs and More Top 25 Programs in Adults 18-49 Than Any Other Network
CBS Notches Seven of the Top 10 Dramas and the Top Two Comedies
CBS won the 2009-2010 television season in viewers, its seventh victory in the past eight years and also placed first in adults 25-54 (tie with FOX), according to Nielsen most current ratings through Wednesday, May 26.
CBS also placed second in adults 18-49 for the second straight year. However, in a sign of the network's demographic strength across the schedule, CBS finished the season with more time period winning programs (10) and more Top 25 programs (8) than any other network among adults 18-49.
CBS programming leadership cut across all genres. The Network had the season's #1 drama/scripted program-NCIS; #1 comedy-TWO AND A HALF MEN, #1 scripted program in adults 18-49-THE BIG BANG THEORY, #1, #2 and #3 new series-UNDERCOVER BOSS, NCIS: LOS ANGELES and THE GOOD WIFE and the #1 news magazine-60 MINUTES.
CBS also dominated the season's rankings in both drama and comedy. The Network has seven of the Top 10 dramas-NCIS (#1), THE MENTALIST (#2), CSI (#3), NCIS: LOS ANGELES (#4), CRIMINAL MINDS (#6), THE GOOD WIFE (#8) and CSI: MIAMI (#9).
Among comedies, CBS had the top two--TWO AND A HALF MEN (#1 in viewers, #2 in adults 18-49) and THE BIG BANG THEORY (#1 in adults 18-49 and #2 in viewers).
Among other CBS season highlights:
- More time period winning programs than all the other networks combined in viewers (12) and adults 25-54 (11) and more than any other network in adults 18-49 (10).
- Five of the Top 10 programs of the season: NCIS (#5), UNDERCOVER BOSS (#6), THE MENTALIST (#7), CSI (#8) and NCIS: LOS ANGELES (#9) and 11 of the Top 20.
- #1 in viewers on 4 nights (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday) and No. 1 in adults 25-54 on 4 nights (Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday), more than all the other networks combined.
- #1 in viewers and key demographics in the Monday-Friday 10 PM hour leading into affiliate late local news.
- CBS has 4 the top 10 programs (UNDERCOVER BOSS, THE MENTALIST, 60 MINUTES and THE BIG BANG THEORY) among adults with household incomes of $125K+, more than any other network.
- CBS won the May sweep in viewers for the 8th consecutive year and 9th in the last 10 years.
NATIONAL NIELSEN SUMMARY - PRIMETIME
SEASON-TO-DATE RATINGS REPORT (09/21/09-05/26/10)
CBS 7.2 12
NBC 5.1 8
ABC 5.5 9
FOX 5.8 9
CBS 4.1 10
NBC 3.2 8
ABC 3.2 8
FOX 4.1 10
CBS 3.2 9
NBC 2.7 7
ABC 2.7 7
FOX 3.7 10
CBS 2.2 7
NBC 2.2 7
ABC 2.2 7
FOX 3.2 10