“The Office” #1 Adults 18-34 Scripted Series; “30 Rock” Most Upscale
Some season ending ratings notes from NBC.
The third point on NBC being the non-sports #1 on three nights of the week at 10pm since the Winter Olympics is quite interesting.
I reserve the right to change my mind at any time, but I’ll predict the top TV media meme early in next fall’s broadcast season being “NBC storms back!, ABC in the doghouse!”
via NBC press note:
- “The Office” is the #1 scripted series this season in adults 18-34.
- “30 Rock” is the most upscale primetime series on the major networks in its concentration of adults 18-49 living in homes with $100K+ incomes (147 index, 100 represents an average concentration). Also ranking in the top 20 are “The Office,” “The Marriage Ref,” “Parks and Recreation,” “Parenthood” and “Community” (averages cover the season through May 2).
- Since the conclusion of the Vancouver Olympics, NBC has ranked #1 in the 10 p.m. hour on three of five nights Monday through Friday in adults 18-49 (excluding sports) — Tuesdays with “Parenthood,” Wednesdays with “Law & Order: SVU” and Fridays with “Dateline NBC.”
- NBC has finished the season tied with ABC for #3 in adult 18-49 rating (2.7 each). NBC is also tied with ABC for #3 in adult 25-54 rating (3.2 each) and tied with ABC and CBS for #2 in adult 18-34 rating (2.2 each).
- Last season, NBC finished just a tenth of a point behind ABC in the traditional September-to May season (2.9 vs. 2.8) and that NBC finished ahead of ABC for the full 52-week broadcast year. For the 2007-08 52-week broadcast year, NBC finished #2 ahead of CBS and ABC.